Programs not showing in start screen (Windows 8.1)

Since I updated to windows 8.1 I haven't seen my actual programs show in the start screen.

I don't know how to get them back without refreshing everything :(

I can't pin anyhting, either.

Anyone have advice?

XRl5kk8.png

IF you go to this folder can you see more items that should be displayed?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Program

From what i have been lead to believe sometimes the icons can be listed not to display.

Since I updated to windows 8.1 I haven't seen my actual programs show in the start screen.

I don't know how to get them back without refreshing everything :(

I can't pin anyhting, either.

Anyone have advice?

XRl5kk8.png

Have you turned on app sync in PC Settings?

app sync was off. sfc /scannow showed unfixable errors. was unable to refresh pc, needed dvd, couldn't download 8.1 dvd, had to trick microsoft downloader into downloading windows 8.1 dvd, reset the computer and now it works. same issue was present on two computers of different hardware configurations. Unable to perform further testing on the subject as both computers had windows 8.1 installed fresh to avoid any more surprises.

app sync was off. sfc /scannow showed unfixable errors. was unable to refresh pc, needed dvd, couldn't download 8.1 dvd, had to trick microsoft downloader into downloading windows 8.1 dvd, reset the computer and now it works. same issue was present on two computers of different hardware configurations. Unable to perform further testing on the subject as both computers had windows 8.1 installed fresh to avoid any more surprises.

App sync is off by default anyway, same for app data and needs to be turned on manually.