Jump to content



Photo

Woman set on fire at gas station

georgia cigarette lighter pumping gas pickup truck reckless conduct

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

    totally wAcKed

  • 63,252 posts
  • Joined: 05-October 03
  • Location: Odder Space
  • OS: Windows XP, 7

Posted 03 November 2013 - 14:56

CLARKESVILLE - A cigarette lighter is being cited as the cause of a fire at the gas pump that burned a Clarkesville woman Wednesday afternoon.

Clarkesville Fire Chief Jerry Palmer identified the victim as 30-year-old Jessica Laura Dawkins of Clarkesville. Also injured was Austin Dillon Dawkins, 37, of Clarkesville.

"At this time it appears the fire started with Mr. Dawkins operating a cigarette lighter while pumping gas," Palmer said. "The lighter caused an initial vapor explosion which ignited the fuel fill area of the vehicle."

The incident at Royal Food Store, 183 Grant St., was reported at 2:11 p.m. Wednesday and occurred while Jessica and Austin Dawkins were refueling a Ford pickup truck.

"While fleeing the immediate area, Jessica Dawkins was injured when Mr. Dawkins removed the still-flowing fuel hose from the tank of his burning vehicle spaying her with burning fuel," Palmer said.

Patrons, along with staff from both Royal Food Store and nearby Clarkesville Motor Co., extinguished the fire.

Jessica Dawkins was flown from Pitts Park to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, where she remained Thursday night.

Austin Dawkins was treated on the scene, Palmer said.

Two other occupants of the vehicle, a toddler and an unidentified woman, escaped without injury, he said.

 

After examining the video, the state insurance commissioner and fire investigators issued a warrant for Dawkins' arrest, citing reckless conduct. He was arrested for the incident on Saturday and booked in the Habersham County Jail.

 

source

 

graphic video




#2 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

    Neowinian Senior

  • 1,882 posts
  • Joined: 16-June 05

Posted 03 November 2013 - 15:15

what a dumbass



#3 Nick H.

Nick H.

    Neowinian Senior

  • 11,772 posts
  • Joined: 28-June 04
  • Location: Switzerland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 15:19

He took out the lighter, put it next to the tank and lit it. What did he think was going to happen?

#4 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

    Neowinian Senior

  • 9,905 posts
  • Joined: 02-November 01
  • Location: The UK!
  • OS: MacOS 10.10 Yosemite
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 03 November 2013 - 15:21

The stupidity of some people never fails to astound me. 



#5 DocM

DocM

    Neowinian Senior

  • 18,680 posts
  • Joined: 31-July 10
  • Location: Michigan

Posted 04 November 2013 - 00:27

World class moron, and his poor wife pays for it. If I were her brother/father/whatever I'd kick his careless ass into the next county :angry:

#6 OP Hum

Hum

    totally wAcKed

  • 63,252 posts
  • Joined: 05-October 03
  • Location: Odder Space
  • OS: Windows XP, 7

Posted 04 November 2013 - 00:30

This is one reason I have no respect for smokers.



#7 Growled

Growled

    Neowinian Senior

  • 41,508 posts
  • Joined: 17-December 08
  • Location: USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 00:32

what a dumbass

 

He gives dumb asses a bad name.