Doing a few low speed passes.

I've always heard what my car sounded like from the inside, I wanted to see what it sounds like from the outside.

I like it, not super loud like some guys cars around here.

From the inside.

I think it sounds just about right.  Some of them are way too loud, and they're not even that potent.  They just stick loud exhaust on and leave it.

I think it sounds just about right.  Some of them are way too loud, and they're not even that potent.  They just stick loud exhaust on and leave it.

Yep.

To me it sounds rather loud. Yes, there are louder cars but I mean I wouldn't like you to pass trough my neighborhood at 2AM that's for sure. Do you have your silencer out?

To me it sounds rather loud. Yes, there are louder cars but I mean I wouldn't like you to pass trough my neighborhood at 2AM that's for sure. Do you have your silencer out?

Trust me compared to other peoples cars this is rather quiet, the other day I was next to a car that felt like it was going to make my ears bleed. My car is louder than stock but its not so loud that it annoys everyone. I used to work mornings where I had to out of my house by 5:30am and no one complained or gave me dirty looks.

Sounds like it's an automatic, there's your problem :p

It is but it was in manual mode :p. lots of people are moving away from manuals over here and going with automatics especially now that most cars have manual mode.

It is but it was in manual mode :p. lots of people are moving away from manuals over here and going with automatics especially now that most cars have manual mode.

it sounded ok, you should hear some of the exhausts around where I live,

I swear my neighbours must hate me, as when they ###### me off I blast my subs to make sure I wake them in return

(prefer's a manual, clutch, high powered rear wheel drive)

it sounded ok, you should hear some of the exhausts around where I live,

I swear my neighbours must hate me, as when they **** me off I blast my subs to make sure I wake them in return

(prefer's a manual, clutch, high powered rear wheel drive)

I used to be into the whole subs thing back when i was younger but now im like meh. I used to have two 12s and a thousand watt amp in my old ride. it was loud as hell. But i don't feel like speeding money on that anymore, I might in the future but as for right now im happy with it just being stock.

But the thing is I don't want my car to be to loud. If I wanted to wake the neighbors I would just got the muffler off. I wanted to to be louder than stock but not loud enough to be annoying.

I used to be into the whole subs thing back when i was younger but now im like meh. I used to have two 12s and a thousand watt amp in my old ride. it was loud as hell. But i don't feel like speeding money on that anymore, I might in the future but as for right now im happy with it just being stock.

Dude, I'm 38, WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?????!

lol I was going to sell them when I met my wife (then girlfriend) when I was 26, but some idiots moved onto my street with badly modded exhausts on their Nova's (Vauxhall Nova, renamed Corsa for google reference)

and I was like, oh it's on!

Plus they didn't like the company I keep, but that's another story

Dude, I'm 38, WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?????!

lol I was going to sell them when I met my wife (then girlfriend) when I was 26, but some idiots moved onto my street with badly modded exhausts on their Nova's (Vauxhall Nova, renamed Corsa for google reference)

and I was like, oh it's on!

Plus they didn't like the company I keep, but that's another story

Lol 38 and still bumpin the subs lol ok at-least I wont feel bad if I ever decide to put subs in my car again lol.

Hello,

Sounds like it's an automatic, there's your problem :p

Problem? Sounds to me like a solution to a problem that never should have existed but oh well....
  • Like 1

Hello,

Problem? Sounds to me like a solution to a problem that never should have existed but oh well....

I drive an autotragic Gen Coupe 3.8, and find myself wishing for a standard, every single day I drive it.

Hello,

Automatics are better with turbos though. No turbo lag from gear to gear.

Turbo lag actually tells me some driver doesn't know how or when to change gears :p

I prefer an automatic since most cars have manual mode or "sport mode". Sometimes I can just sit back and cruise and some times I can change gears without a clutch.

Automatics are better with turbos though. No turbo lag from gear to gear.

If you drive a manual properly you won't drop off the boost ;).

I personally drive a 6 speed manual with a turbo. Other than the slight unavoidable lag in first - you don't notice it. I couldn't imagine driving an auto.

I personally drive a 6 speed manual with a turbo. Other than the slight unavoidable lag in first - you don't notice it. I couldn't imagine driving an auto.

Why? Now days you can switch gears like a manual. And you don't have to worry about driving properly you get boost regardless.

I guess it depends on the time spent driving, I just don't like something else changing my gears for me, I'm quite capable of shifting my own gears lol have to do enough of that as my job :p

for me I find it quite satisfying, maybe it's just the appreciation for the engineering at work

like seeing all the moving parts on an old steam locomotive

Hello,

I drive an autotragic Gen Coupe 3.8, and find myself wishing for a standard, every single day I drive it.

Ill trade you whenever you want :p a manual is the worst invention in life :(

Turbo lag actually tells me some driver doesn't know how or when to change gears :p

Untrue. Some cars have this problem when their EGR valve is clogged. You actually have to change gears incorrectly to not make it noticable.

Like I said above, sometimes it isnt a driver problem, but a car problem.

Hello,

Ill trade you whenever you want :p a manual is the worst invention in life :(

Untrue. Some cars have this problem when their EGR valve is clogged. You actually have to change gears incorrectly to not make it noticable.

Like I said above, sometimes it isnt a driver problem, but a car problem.

Well the egr valve on some autos make the engine cut out or simply not output the power demanded from them, I'm not trying to get into an argument, but rather stating that that particular cause affects both drivetrains on cars with egr valves (mine included)

Why? Now days you can switch gears like a manual. And you don't have to worry about driving properly you get boost regardless.

Manuals consistently respond better to mods, and end up with the fastest track times.  Not to mention that autos have different gear ratios.  Having driven both, to me a manual is far more enjoyable than an auto in manual mode.

Of course, my current vehicle is an automatic, partly because I had a really bad car accident in 2003 that messed up my left foot, and partly because I bought used and didn't have a choice ;) 

Obviously if the above doesn't matter to you, then it is pointless.