Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Buy, sells worst buy for Nexus 5 no contract.

12 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/2/5058086/best-buy-charging-799-for-nexus-5-off-contract

inShare

Buying a Nexus 5 without a contract at Best Buy is going to be expensive. Very expensive. The massive US retail chain has priced off-contract purchases at an eye-popping $799.99 according to a new Sprint listing on its website. That's for the 16GB model, which sells for $349 at Google Play. Even Sprint itself isn't asking for that much; the carrier is charging $449.99 for the device at full cost

Posted

They aren't called Worst Buy for nothing. Just wow. I'd just buy from Google.

Posted

Best Buy is a last place I would go to buy anything tech related.  Worst store ever!

Posted

I don't know what you're all on about.  It's a great store!  I go there and browse thousands of items to purchase before I go home and order them from Amazon!  Great store, I tell you.

4 people like this

Posted

Best Buy changed their price.  They are only marking it up $100 from the Play store price.

Posted

Best Buy changed their price.  They are only marking it up $100 from the Play store price.

It's retail. Everything is always marked up compared from buying direct, no matter which retail outlet you go to. They need to turn a profit.

Posted

It's retail. Everything is always marked up compared from buying direct, no matter which retail outlet you go to. They need to turn a profit.

Of course, but marking it up $350 was insane.

Posted

It's still too high. This is the reason that Worst Buy is having financial problems. They charge too much for everything.

Posted

LOL

Posted

I don't know what you're all on about.  It's a great store!  I go there and browse thousands of items to purchase before I go home and order them from Amazon!  Great store, I tell you.

As far as I'm concerned, physical stores don't exist anymore - only showrooms.

Posted

Whatever happened to them price matching?  Or, do they jack up the prices to rip off everyone that forgets to ask about the price match?

I too, use the store for the sole purpose of try-before-buy, then order on-line.  Just because they are local and can match a price does not mean I want to deal with their stupid support policies when something goes wrong.

Posted

Retail stores don't usually price match web stores anyway, they have strict rules about them. Like they'll only match a store if it's within a certain mile radius and they'll only match selected competitors. I don't know how Best Buy's works but I'm willing to bet it's very strict.