forza 5xbox one

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:46

There's no Nurburgring, Infineon, or Suzuka circuit. Sounds incomplete to me.

Also, let's be honest here, it's a console racer. If I wanted 100% track precision I'd be playing a simulator on the PC. Make the curves right, call it a day, release it with the tracks. Otherwise it's just an excuse for more DLC.

To be honest, I'm gutted at the loss of Nurburgring but I'm glad they did this. Throughout the Forza's Turn 10 had a habit to not re-draw assets which visually made some parts of the game more pretty than others. Maple Valley in FM4 for instance.

The fact that they've dropped assets out of the game which haven't been redrawn makes me happy, all the tracks and cars are correct for next-gen.

If they laser scan Nurburgring with the F1 track, definitely buying.

#17 +FiB3R

FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:46

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wVKpLk0eaXE

It's probably not going to match F1 specific titles but it still looks pretty good

Saw @MightyJordan mention this on Twitter, and I have to agree, that sounds horrible.

Hoping it's just down to the feed/compression on YouTube.

#18 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 November 2013 - 13:38

To be honest, I'm gutted at the loss of Nurburgring but I'm glad they did this. Throughout the Forza's Turn 10 had a habit to not re-draw assets which visually made some parts of the game more pretty than others. Maple Valley in FM4 for instance.

The fact that they've dropped assets out of the game which haven't been redrawn makes me happy, all the tracks and cars are correct for next-gen.

If they laser scan Nurburgring with the F1 track, definitely buying.

I'm sure they will... for Forza 6.  :/

That was the point I was trying to make above, a racing game is cars + tracks, and there's a certain amount of both people expect from a game. Even if they release 900 cars through DLC, but no Nurburgring, the game will feel incomplete. And then Forza 6 will come out, with the Nurburgring, and its own set of DLC cars. It's just a way to try and push these games towards the $100 mark for people who really want to play them. Which would be fine if you knew this going in, but obviously they're not going to release any information, and try to get people to buy the base Forza 5 and 6 no matter what. 

#19 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 15 November 2013 - 15:02

Season pass is a bit steep, what 40 bucks?  Then again, i hope you can just cherry pick which sup parts you want.  I have a feeling it costs a bit more because they're not just designing tracks and throwing them out there, they actually  measure them with freaking laser beams.

Still excited as all can be about this game and maybe by the time i get an x1 it will be discounted :D

#20 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 15 November 2013 - 15:14

Wait for the eventual GOTY version and stick a middle finger up to season passes :p

#21 OP Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 15 November 2013 - 15:44

Wait for the eventual GOTY version and stick a middle finger up to season passes :p

The only way I can and will justify the season pass is that I have the Day One Forza edition, so I am technically not paying for the game. I know as much as I say I'm not paying the stupid season pass prices, the first pack will come out and there will be one car in the pack of 10 that will make me excited and the rest will be history!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!