Simple VM Question

I have seen that a lot of times if it is Windows 7, no. I have converted a lot of boxes to VMs using VMware Converter and never had to reactivate. 

I have seen that a lot of times if it is Windows 7, no. I have converted a lot of boxes to VMs using VMware Converter and never had to reactivate. 

That is due to the virtualized hardware configuration not changing (same container).  If, however, you changed containers (vmWare to Oracle VirtualBox or Hyper-V, for example), then a reactivation WOULD likely be required, due to changes in the virtualized hardware.

That is due to the virtualized hardware configuration not changing (same container).  If, however, you changed containers (vmWare to Oracle VirtualBox or Hyper-V, for example), then a reactivation WOULD likely be required, due to changes in the virtualized hardware.

Ah, cool. Thanks for clearing that up. 

I'll try it out. :)

yes, the virtualized partition will need to be re-activated

I was kinda hoping that wasn't the case as I hate activating Windows through the telephone. :/

I was kinda hoping that wasn't the case as I hate activating Windows through the telephone. :/

activated your license too many times then?