• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:02

Source: http://www.foxnews.c...ew-jersey-mall/

A gunman opened fire inside the Garden State Plaza Mall in Paramus, N.J. Monday night, New Jersey State Police reported.

There was no immediate word on any casualties.

Police and SWAT teams were reported on the scene, with some stores in lockdown.

NBC 4 New York said witnesses reported seeing dressed in black, including a black helmet,carrying a rifle and firing shots.

WPIX 11 reported the shooting occurred about 9:30 pm on the second level near a Nordstrom’s department store.
Something really fishy going on, not particularly with "this" shooting, but there seem to have been a lot of shootings since Obama has been in office, particularly his 2nd term.  Seems like you never really heard about anything like this, then there was the theater in Colorado, then there was Newtown a few months later, and all the crazy gun banners got shot down, and now it's like every other day.  I'm not trying to remove blame from the people committing the crimes, but the more shootings we have in such a small time-frame, relative to the rate we used to have them at, the more I become suspicious.  We didn't just crap out a bunch of crazy people in the last couple years, something else is going on here, I'm just not sure what.

#2 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:09

The media picks up on anything that involves a gun to further their anti gun agenda.. Convenient that they would report this around tax season when people will be out buying firearms soon.

#3 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,990 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:10

Yeah, no one ever got shot before Obama got elected.

#4 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:12

The media picks up on anything that involves a gun to further their anti gun agenda.. Convenient that they would report this around tax season when people will be out buying firearms soon.

Foxnews is anti-gun? 

#5 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:14

It appears nobody is injured so far, it seems the guy was shooting out the cameras in the mall. I'm also sorry for going off on the OP, but damn, you just simply ###### me off.

#6 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:20

Tell me then, what exactly were you insinuating? You name Obama in an article about a shooting at a mall that has nothing to do with the POTUS. I'm sick and god damn tired of hearing the Obama name being thrown around whenever something happens. I don't appreciate your political labeling to tragedies, it's just a wee bit too much at this point.

Because it's a pattern I've noticed, and if you're so sick and god damned tired of hearing about it, then turn off the news, stick your fingers in your ears and unplug your internet cable, because it's going go happen.  I'm willing to have an open discussion with just about anybody, but I don't appreciate being insulted because I mention a certain person's name as a reference to the time-frame in which I've noticed something.

Edit: Rant removed because I noticed the reply above.

Anyway, I used Obama's name not as a "blame" tool, but as a time-frame reference point.  Everything above this is just conjecture and you got me all hot and bothered by jumping into the conversation with an insult.

I'm really curious as to what will come out as the guy's motivation, mental state, how he got the weapon, etc.

It just seems that there has been a VERY noticeable increase in gun violence just in the past couple years, at least relative to what it was before.

#7 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,833 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:22

Does this conflict with your pro gun agenda? Every one has an agenda, every single person. It's only when you point it out that it seem malicious. There is no 'convenience', it's a news-worthy event. Are you truly this paranoid?

#8 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:27

If anybody finds anything new to contribute please share it, I usually bounce around between Fox News, CNN, CBS, NBC, Aljazeera and BBC, and I just noticed it on Fox first, so there may be more details on some other sites, I'll go check around.

#9 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:29

You want to know what the problem is? It's that we hand out guns, legally, like candy in this country. If we didn't let every poorly educated, irresponsible and borderline crazy person in this country have easy access to a gun without a second thought things like this would happen a whole hell of a lot less.

#10 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,392 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:29

Because it's a pattern I've noticed, and if you're so sick and god damned tired of hearing about it, then turn off the news, stick your fingers in your ears and unplug your internet cable, because it's going go happen.  I'm willing to have an open discussion with just about anybody, but I don't appreciate being insulted because I mention a certain person's name as a reference to the time-frame in which I've noticed something.

Edit: Rant removed because I noticed the reply above.

Anyway, I used Obama's name not as a "blame" tool, but as a time-frame reference point.  Everything above this is just conjecture and you got me all hot and bothered by jumping into the conversation with an insult.

I'm really curious as to what will come out as the guy's motivation, mental state, how he got the weapon, etc.

It just seems that there has been a VERY noticeable increase in gun violence just in the past couple years, at least relative to what it was before.

I'd agree with Azies. This really isn't related to the POTUS at all. We have had the shooting since before he was in office, Columbine, and still, as shown here. This problem is a lot more complicated that what person is in office.

My view has been for a fair while now that we're witnessing people reacting to the economic realities we face.

#11 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:30

You want to know what the problem is? It's that we hand out guns, legally, like candy in this country. If we didn't let every poorly educated, irresponsible and borderline crazy person in this country have easy access to a gun without a second thought things like this would happen a whole hell of a lot less.

I guess it just depends really.  I mean I under-went and passed a background check for all of mine, and I figured that working in the military I passed because they had easy access to my police record.  Then again, the Navy Yard shooter passed a background check because some numbnuts in the Navy who received the previous police reports didn't bother to communicate effectively with whoever runs the NICS system at the FBI.  The right "procedures" are in place I think, they just suck apparently.

#12 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:31

It is possible for President Obama to execute these shootings to push for an anti-gun agenda. It is a fantasy though, totally fiction and a whacky conspiracy probably started by some redneck in the boondocks!

#13 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,000 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:31

It's New Jersey -- it's the chemicals in the water.

#14 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 2,043 posts
  • Phone: WP 8.1 Update

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:32

I'd agree with Azies. This really isn't related to the POTUS at all. We have had the shooting since before he was in office, Columbine, and still, as shown here. This problem is a lot more complicated that what person is in office.

My view has been for a fair while now that we're witnessing people reacting to the economic realities we face.

But wouldn't you see more robberies then in stead of these mindless shootings with no real aim other then hurting people?

#15 OP Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,478 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:34

Here's something about corporate news sites that kills me.  CBS's article on it says,

"Witnesses told CBS New York that the gunman was armed with an assault rifle and walking around in full body armor and a helmet, but that could not be confirmed."

If it can't be confirmed then don't report it!  The first thing that's going to happen is people will start making assumptions and getting into arguments.  If he was using an AK-47 or an AR-15, then I'm not going to be insulted just because I own one, but when you post something like that and write "could not be confirmed" as an afterthought, you've already given subliminal political fuel to people like Diane Feinstein who would make it illegal to carry pocket knives if she could.  A perfect example was the Navy shooter.  Everybody was yellin' about how he used an AR-15 then they came back and said, "Scratch that, it was a shotgun."