Do you silence your phone when you go to bed?

Do you silence your phone when you go to bed?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you silence your phone when you go to bed?

• My Phone automatically mutes my notifications and ringer
    • My Phone automatically mutes my notifications but I leave my ringer turned on.
    • I manually mute my notifcations and ringer
    • I manually mute my notifcations but leave my ringer turned on
    • I don't mute anything when I go to bed.
    • I turn my phone off at night
    • I put mine on vibrate Notifcations but not the ringer
    • I put mine on vibrate Ringer but not the notifcations
    • I put my entire phone on vibrate. BZzzzzzzz

I use a great program called Audio Control Lite, I've never had much luck separating the notification / ringtone volume even via the check mark in settings. So this application at 11pm at night turns off my notification sounds and turns them back up at 8am. I leave the ringer on because no body ever calls me.

I mute the notifcations because my phone is pretty vocal and i'm a VERY light sleeper

My phone always says "New Email, Facebook Notification, Shipping Update, Facebook chat message". Even if it didn't speak those things and just dinged, it would still wake me up.

In this poll we are going to assume you leave your alarm volume on.

I don't ever mute my phone, even in movie theaters or other public places where silence is requested. However my phone doesn't strictly "ring"; it vibrates. I have left my phone on vibrate-only ever since I was given my first cell phone in 10th grade. I find it far less annoying to both myself and people around me that way. That said, while I will feel my phone vibrating in my pocket while I am awake, there is no chance of it waking me up while I am asleep. Even if I allowed my phone to ring on maximum volume, it still wouldn't pose a problem for the same reason that I have trouble finding alarm clocks that will wake me up: I sleep very heavily.

I don't ever mute my phone, even in movie theaters or other public places where silence is requested. However my phone doesn't strictly "ring"; it vibrates. I have left my phone on vibrate-only ever since I was given my first cell phone in 10th grade. I find it far less annoying to both myself and people around me that way. That said, while I will feel my phone vibrating in my pocket while I am awake, there is no chance of it waking me up while I am asleep. Even if I allowed my phone to ring on maximum volume, it still wouldn't pose a problem for the same reason that I have trouble finding alarm clocks that will wake me up: I sleep very heavily.

One night I had my notifications turned down and I got some notification that vibrated my phone. It woke me up! :( it was sitting on the floor on a box next to the bed.

No option for turning it off.

I turn mine off nightly.  About 6 years ago, I got into a discussion with my carrier about my Blackberry Perl not getting good reception and having bad quality service.  I was told that the phone needed to do a periodic system refresh of the PRL and other network services that the *228 on the phone wouldn't do and the only way was to reboot it every other day or so.  I hated to reboot that phone though, as anyone who owned one, could testify that you could go grind some coffee beans finely, brew it, and drink it before it was done booting practically.   I reluctantly started shutting down nightly and then upon waking, turn it on, do my morning routine and grab the phone on the way out the door.  The quality of service was much much better after doing this.

Fast forward 6 years, and I know technology is much better and faster, and my Android boots within 45seconds or often less (depending on how much I load it down with when bored -lol) and it isn't a big deal anyway.  But, the habit of shutting down nightly and rebooting has stuck with me. 

I leave my ringer on at night. Vibrate would never wake me up and the only real reason anyone would phone me at night is in an emergency. I prefer the off-chance of a late night wake up to a wrong number or prank call if it also enables me to be contactable in a true emergency.

• Like 2

I used to turn mu phone off at night when I was younger.

To many friends would call in the middle of the night drunk :)

Now that we are older there is no need for that anymore.

My current phone turns of notifications between certain times

Yep I do!

Blackberry - I had this setting called 'bed side mode' which would mute everything

iPhone and Android - Night Time mode which would mute everything

Windows Phone - I had to do it manually since the OS didn't have such settings. 

A majority of the time I leave it on in case someone needs to contact me. But there have been times where I've been trying to sleep and someone won't stop texting me; in those times I set it to silent and no vibrate and just hope that nothing important happens while I'm asleep.

I put it on vibrate at night. It wont wake me up from a notification, but a phone call would wake me up as it would be constantly vibrating. I never put it on silent as, ive had situations where I had very important calls half way through the night.

My phone applies do not disturb 11pm every night, however it's on silent 24/7 ... Phones only ever ring when somebody wants something, well mine does anyway.. If it's not companies trying to sell me something or incompetent family/friends wanting something ordering online or help with computers or something.. So it's on silent all day and i'll answer calls and messages in my own time. Most of my friends have iPhones and i have iMessage on my mac so i can quickly reply to messages if need be when i'm working away.

I'm known as the ignorant one who never answers messages, but i don't care.

I've got a nice little app called Llama, working on location and time profiles.

So when I'm at work the phone goes into silent mode, same when it turns 11pm, all I get is the notification light flashing, then at 7am everything turns back to normal.

• Like 1

I turn my phone off at night. Always have, always will.

I have a life as do most people I know. Absolutely no need for it to be on 24/7!!

Unlike my son, who I think can text in his sleep, as can his friends!!

• Like 2

I don't bother adjusting anything. The phone is either in silent but on vibrate or speaker and vibrate. Either way, with it on the bed side table, it would wake me up if it went off. That doesn't happen, so I don't need to adjust anything.

I've got a nice little app called Llama, working on location and time profiles.

So when I'm at work the phone goes into silent mode, same when it turns 11pm, all I get is the notification light flashing, then at 7am everything turns back to normal.

Llama FTW!  Plus, my phone is on delayed ring (vibrates for 5 seconds, then starts ramping up the ringer volume)

:heart: Android

It's generally in silent mode all day doe to work constraints, but I will generally make sure it's silent before going to bed, if anything major happens in the 5 or so hours of sleep I get I won't miss much as it is, then again not having "real" friends helps

I use two phones, one for work and one for personal. The work one gets powered off when I'm done for the day, the personal one always has a ringer as only a few family, friends and a small handful important clients have that number and they won't call at night unless it's important. I'm comatose when I sleep, especially when it starts getting cold out, I'll never hear it vibrate.

I can't - I'm on call every other week. I use  night mode. I put my phone to night mode (disables data radio/WiFi/GPS - turns off emails/auto-sync = dumb phone mode) from 8 PM - 8 AM (on weekdays that I'm on call). I'll get paged (via SMS/Text) or called if something comes up. Otherwise I love dumb phone mode - I usually have 60-75% battery when I sleep. I can always disable night mode if I need to use the phone for surfing the internet/GPS/etc.