Tech issues solved added in tech forums

Good job guys. Sometimes on the internet it feels liks everything needs to be done the right way right away but you guys will sort it out with our help  :cool:

Hello,

so we went back to post count? o.o

and now you go back to post counts, Well done on being consistent lol

This is a problem on Neowin: People not reading entire threads.

The current configuration is that ALL tech help areas show ONLY "Solved Answers" count. They do NOT show the posts. Areas which do NOT have a Mark Solved, show ONLY the post count. The do NOT show the Solved Answers count.

This is not being inconsistent. If a area allows to mark answers, show the amount that is relevent to that area. If it doesnt, why show it? Makes no sense.

This is getting to a Windows 7 vs Windows 8/8.1 debate.

They changed it back? :/ Come on, guys. Must people complain about everything?

No. Again, people do not read the entire thread is a problem WAY bigger than this. But sadly that cannot be solved.

The current configuration is that ALL tech help areas show ONLY "Solved Answers" count. They do NOT show the posts. Areas which do NOT have a Mark Solved, show ONLY the post count. The do NOT show the Solved Answers count.

The card appears when you hover over someone's name in the forum. It's the same information that's shown in the Community Stats box on the profile pages.

Thanks for cleaning that up. At first I thought he was talking about something else. :whistle:

I don't see why some members made such a great deal about whether or not the post count is showing to start with. Alas, staff have found a solution all parties involved can be happy with.

Maybe in a few months, they'll be able to implement a system where you can trade post counts for such things as subscription access, friends, loaves of bread at the grocery store, or sexual favors.

• Like 3

Maybe in a few months, they'll be able to implement a system where you can trade post counts for such things as subscription access, friends, loaves of bread at the grocery store, or sexual favors.

I know you are joking, but since post count is pretty much pointless, this isn't actually a bad idea and it will stop Dushmany from teasing everyone. :laugh:

A big Thank You to Steven, Daniel, Redmak and the staff of Neowin for putting up with, and listening to, the feedback (at times very, very passionate) from members.  These are the kinds of things that make Neowin such a great place to part of - a dynamic, forward moving community.

I think the front page news article comments would be awesome if they had a voting system like reddit, where you can up best comments to the top.

That works with thousands of Reddit users, but unfortunately with a small group of logged in members it will just mean dumb comments get voted to the top. Sorry, but we've had experience enabling this on the forums too (positive/negative voting).

• Like 2

This thread is becoming big as the Random Pictures thread. I noticed the post count is back, which I really could care less about now.

That works with thousands of Reddit users, but unfortunately with a small group of logged in members it will just mean dumb comments get voted to the top. Sorry, but we've had experience enabling this on the forums too (positive/negative voting).

OK, I'll just shut up :P

What might work is a "Unhelpful? (N) " link where staff are vetoed (can't be voted down). It's an idea, that way dumb comments can be pushed down to the bottom.

• Like 2

Down vote does seem like the better option, less likely to be abused and cant be used as a substitute for liking the post and therefore less likely to appear near the top :)

What might work is a "Unhelpful? (N) " link where staff are vetoed (can't be voted down). It's an idea, that way dumb comments can be pushed down to the bottom.

Or a thumbs down and a thumbs up icon that shows how many people found a news comment helpful and how many did not.

Hello,

My personal opinion is to not vote. I believe the best answers feature is more than enough.

The problem is that in certain places is doesnt really make sense...For example, the Gamers section.

There is only ONE thread that has a "Solved" possibility: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1185305-battlefield-4-how-to-engage-helicopter/ out of all current threads in the first page.

Or a thumbs down and a thumbs up icon that shows how many people found a news comment helpful and how many did not.

I'll review the Gamers Hangout' forum and set it back to Post count if it isn't needed there, the sub section do require it though (Console support sections).

Hello,

I'll review the Gamers Hangout' forum and set it back to Post count if it isn't needed there, the sub section do require it though (Console support sections).

You just misquoted a chicken :p

In the main section it really isnt needed. Im not sure of the subsections as I did just a quick check.

• Like 2

For instance; someone says

"Windows 8 blows" in an article about Windows 8

20 people (N)

21 people (Y)

• Like 2