Tech issues solved added in tech forums

Hello,

Did you see them before? You are not allowed to mark a post as solved if you're not the OP or staff

I cannot say yes or no. Might have been a error on my part, sorry.

In all seriousness.. A great way to clean the site up and make it look more professional, would be to hide a lot of the non-tech areas from the Spy.. Or have two spy's.. One for tech stuff that is by default and another one that shows all.. Neowin has gave the tools to follow forums and threads.. We can use those methods to keep up..

I say this because if a lurker came or someone came here for answers, they might get the wrong idea with some of the threads around here.. People are very easily offended these days.. Just a thought

• Like 2

Update: (due to member feedback in this topic)

• Tech issues solved only visible in tech forums
  • Now on hovercard and profile as well
  • 0 Tech issues solved count disabled from view
  • Post count visible on all other forums (non tech areas)

Thanks to Redmak for providing these updates.

wow, the thought never occured to me to split them up and do it that way. but know that it is out there. that is actually a really good idea.

In all seriousness.. A great way to clean the site up and make it look more professional, would be to hide a lot of the non-tech areas from the Spy.. Or have two spy's.. One for tech stuff that is by default and another one that shows all.. Neowin has gave the tools to follow forums and threads.. We can use those methods to keep up..

I say this because if a lurker came or someone came here for answers, they might get the wrong idea with some of the threads around here.. People are very easily offended these days.. Just a thought

if you arent signed in (did a google search looking for an answer), only the support forms show up in spy and on the front page.

if you arent signed in (did a google search looking for an answer), only the support forms show up in spy and on the front page.

Ah, gotcha. Well that works out then :)

Hello,

wow, the thought never occured to me to split them up and do it that way. but know that it is out there. that is actually a really good idea.

It was my idea and thank you.

A lot of areas are closed off (eg they dont see it) to non members.
  • Like 2

Yep was about to reply with what the last two posters said. But, we are also working on that too.. watch this space (still) :P

Im okay with this now.  Glad to see feedback is being listened to.  Earlier posts reflected a "Tough ######" attitude from some staff members.

• Like 3

Im okay with this now.  Glad to see feedback is being listened to.  Earlier posts reflected a "Tough ****" attitude from some staff members.

:D I think this a great change.. 

I dont see what all the fuss is about

Regarding post count showing how good someone is in the community...thats crap Rappy has over 100k posts most of them in the non tech related stuff (which is great as i love all the info and i am not saying this is a bad thing at all) where as someone else may have only 1000 posts but lets say 700 of them were solving people problems

The person with 700 has been more of a help to the TECH part of the site which is what this is monitoring

===========================

and now you go back to post counts, Well done on being consistent lol

Update: (due to member feedback in this topic)

• Tech issues solved only visible in tech forums
  • Now on hovercard and profile as well
  • 0 Tech issues solved count disabled from view
  • Post count visible on all other forums (non tech areas)

Thanks to Redmak for providing these updates.

Post count isn't active in the gamers hangout/Neobay yet :)

Post count isn't active in the gamers hangout/Neobay yet :)

People can mark threads in NeoBay "solved" (same thing as sold really) Gamers Hangout' is also really a support forum as well as discussion on gaming, that's why we originally turned on Best Answer in there.

Some people have responded thinking we have gone back to post counts globally, please read the update announcement again ;)

Edit: First post updated.

I have never created threads in either so I was unaware they had that function :laugh: I was just pointing it out in case they were missed :)

I don't see why some members made such a great deal about whether or not the post count is showing to start with. Alas, staff have found a solution all parties involved can be happy with. 

Hovercard doesn't pop up in the profile like you said it would. Not that it's a big deal.

The card appears when you hover over someone's name in the forum. It's the same information that's shown in the Community Stats box on the profile pages.