Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

fox Fox Pressing Ahead with "The Wolverine" 2

16 posts in this topic

3dWujZr.png

Next year's X-Men: Days Of Future Past will mark the seventh different film that Hugh Jackman has played the role of Wolverine in. He took on the role for the sixth time in the summer's standalone effort, The Wolverine. That did decent business - it's the second biggest X-Men film of all time at the global box office, behind, er, X-Men: The Last Stand - and helped re-establish things after the disappointing X-Men Origins: Wolverine. And while it had problems, Fox is clearly quite happy with how The Wolverine went.

So much so that it's apparently in early talks with director James Mangold about making The Wolverine 2, or whatever it happens to end up being called. The news has only just broken, and it's very, very early stages. But the studio seems keen to get Mangold back on board.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-wolverine/28047/fox-pressing-ahead-with-the-wolverine-2

The wolverine was good, as a movie anyway, wouldn't know comic book wise. I felt it was a bit rushed, perhaps they learn from their mistakes for the next one.

Shouldn't it be The Wolverine 3...?

Shouldn't it be The Wolverine 3...?

We would like to forget Origins existed :p

James Mangold Confirms THE WOLVERINE Sequel Will Be Based On An Existing Comic

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=90389

Sweet!   Good knews, I liked the wolverine, the bit at the end and the whole losing of his claws bit is the one part I disliked but as a whole it was a solid movie IMO.   Can't wait to see where this goes, I hope the badass claws come back again!   

Also the movie did do well at the global level, $414million world wide.  I see no reason not to make another at this point.

The scene after the credits was the best part of the movie for me. I didn't like it at all. Wolverine Origins had Victor Creed impaled on a spike. We don't even see a drop of Yakuza blood in this one. Also, they ripped the self-surgery scene right out of Prometheus... but made it suckier.

The only way they could redeemed themselves was to add some real violence (within limits) and make it about the storyline where Magneto rips all of the adamantium off his body.

unless he's dead of skin cancer.

The Wolverine was soooo slow. I hope they pick up the pace. I didn't like losing the claws, either.

The Bluray has blood added to the fight scenes.

plnpdr.png
2 people like this

R RATING OR BUST!

1 person likes this

Please Hollywood, no more terrible culture clashes.

I didn't care for the last Wolverine movie at all. It felt like Wolverine was extremely weak in it making it disappointing.

For the love of God films such as this should not be a 12A/PG-13 they need to be 18/R.

For the love of God films such as this should not be a 12A/PG-13 they need to be 18/R.

They should but heaven forbid they cut their target audience numbers down by making it R, think of the kids!  PG-13 and you get all the teens in for sure, got to think about the $.

I know the reasoning and greed behind it, but it just makes sh*t films that aren't worth watching.