Athlete Refuses To Run After Being Assigned "666" Number

The number 6 is associated with humanity, hence the verse being along the lines of "and the number is a beast is a human number 666".

Whereas the number 7 was associated with God hence the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 thunders etc...

In essence it doesn't matter how many times you repeat the number 6 its not equal to the number 7 so nothing man does will ever bring him alongside God.

Note that this is being dredged up from my memory banks after many years of religious instruction in my youth.

I appreciate your answer, but I was being sarcastic. It seems bizarre to me (beyond just how bizarre religion generally is) that someone would become so paranoid about a number & why anyone would think a number has magical powers.

------

For ######'s sake. God is going to turn on your because you wear 666 as a runner/athlete? This is how petty this supreme creator of everything is? People willingly worship this being? Grow up.

compl3x, on 06 Nov 2013 - 12:34, said:

I appreciate your answer, but I was being sarcastic. It seems bizarre to me (beyond just how bizarre religion generally is) that someone would become so paranoid about a number & why anyone would think a number has magical powers.

------

For ****'s sake. God is going to turn on your because you wear 666 as a runner/athlete? This is how petty this supreme creator of everything is? People willingly worship this being? Grow up.

Oh I got the sarcasm and I agree with you on the rest of the post.

I remember once in high school, someone writing lots of 666s on the blackboard in the Religious Studies class just before the teacher came in. She was so taken aback she left the room almost screaming about it and very flustered.

It is a number.  Don't be stupid.  Guess its already to late.

i feel that same way but for some people Their Religious beliefs are stronger than anything else in their lives.

This kind of stuff just makes me laugh. This only hurt her and no one else. If you're willing to give up over a number, that's your choice I suppose. No one else is complaining. :laugh:

I will say though, it can't have been so hard to just give her a new number.

guys the reason why she and the coach did what they did is alot of people believe the 666 is the Devil Number and alot of people especially on the net and youtube believe we are in the end times right now.

All she had to do was wear the numbers upside down.   Problem solved. 

Besides, does anyone actually refer to the number for any real reason?  I mean, when a race is ran, you KNOW who placed 1st, 2nd 3rd.  Yet, turn and ask anyone which numbers those people were wearing and no one would know.

616 is the real number of the beast.  :shifty: Iron Maiden had it wrong too!

616 The number of the beast! Sacrifice is going on tonight.

Nah, 666 sounds better.  :rofl:  :rofl: