Reviewers Are Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' On PS4

There will most likely be patches released to fix this problem anyways.  It's kind of how games are now anyways: "Get it mostly running, patch it later!".

when the shoe is on the other foot. LOL. some of you guys kill me.

when the shoe is on the other foot. LOL. some of you guys kill me.

Wait, do we know if this isn't also happening with the Xbox One version? Just wondering if this is a general issue with IW seeing as apparently the PC version is also pretty bad or just limited to PS3/PS4/PC.

Wait, do we know if this isn't also happening with the Xbox One version? Just wondering if this is a general issue with IW seeing as apparently the PC version is also pretty bad or just limited to PS3/PS4/PC.

Well a tweet came out today saying its actually worse, wouldn't surprise me at all :laugh: .

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Judging from his twitter feed though, he's actually judging from youtube videos considering he's an ex-editor and been actively loud regarding console news. 

There will most likely be patches released to fix this problem anyways.  It's kind of how games are now anyways: "Get it mostly running, patch it later!".

One element I liked in older gen console's was no updating the game after the game was sent to manufacturing. 

The quality control was much higher, or faced embarrassing recall and costly replacement. 

According to everything I've read there are issues with Ghosts on both the consoles and the PC, so it seems to me that it just has issues. :/

Werent their comments about frame rate issues on the ps3 version as well not the 360 version?

That would seem to indicate at least some issue that is specific to playstation consoles.

Either way, if the X1 version is also having such issues, then its clear that IW just missed an opportunity to shine on the next gen consoles.

I wonder how BF4 will fare?

According to everything I've read there are issues with Ghosts on both the consoles and the PC, so it seems to me that it just has issues. :/

Isn't the engine its based on going on 9-10 years old? I mean, the core of the game was developed when we barely had dual core machines, time to upgrade the tech in that game

Typical Microsoft BS.

Oh BTW PC players don't adjust your FOV on Multiplayer ..... they're banning people for it.  I ###### you not.

Well a tweet came out today saying its actually worse, wouldn't surprise me at all :laugh: .

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Judging from his twitter feed though, he's actually judging from youtube videos considering he's an ex-editor and been actively loud regarding console news. 

If the game only drop from 60 to 50 i don't see the problem at all.

Last gen was capped at 30 fps. 40fps and 50fps is actually an improvement over the last gen. And a 10 to 20 fps while noticeable for some wont affect gameplay at all.

Honestly i don't think one of the my PC games run at a constant 60fps. What i try to avoid is dropping under 40fps. As long as i stay over 40fps and i'm at 60fps most of the time it's fine by me. I might even accept 20fps if it doesn't affect the gameplay. In WoW i had a constant 60fps in raid and dungeon but i was dropping to around 20fps in big cities and around 40fps in the world.

Werent their comments about frame rate issues on the ps3 version as well not the 360 version?

That would seem to indicate at least some issue that is specific to playstation consoles.

Either way, if the X1 version is also having such issues, then its clear that IW just missed an opportunity to shine on the next gen consoles.

I wonder how BF4 will fare?

Well, they downrez'd it because they couldn't get a good framerate on the X1.  That should tell you something.

I'm betting more than anything else, this is a matter of talent leaving the studio (Respawn), and porting to six different architectures (PS4/X1/PC/WiiU/PS3/360) and not having the in-house resources to do it properly for launch.

I also wonder if the day-one patches for both consoles will help gameplay like this at all.  

Curious though if the mantle support coming in a later patch is going to be pushed to X1 / PS4 as well

No because both consoles use there own low level api, mantle is designed to bring a low level api to the pc to bypass directx's high overheads improve performance and to get the best out of the graphics architecture its employed on

Isn't the engine its based on going on 9-10 years old? I mean, the core of the game was developed when we barely had dual core machines, time to upgrade the tech in that game

I don't know, but quite possibly. Last CoD I played was 2, but when I saw a "lets play" of one of Black Ops games a few weeks back I was amazed at how little it had evolved (graphics aside, obviously). So it wouldn't surprise me if it is still the same engine underneath.

I don't know, but quite possibly. Last CoD I played was 2, but when I saw a "lets play" of one of Black Ops games a few weeks back I was amazed at how little it had evolved (graphics aside, obviously). So it wouldn't surprise me if it is still the same engine underneath.

There's no reason to invest a lot of money into the engine as their target market (non gamers) are going to buy it anyway.

• Like 1

There's no reason to invest a lot of money into the engine as their target market (non gamers) are going to buy it anyway.

Indeed. Most of their playerbase isn't even aware that its outdated since the only game they buy is the annual CoD release.

Typical Microsoft BS.

Oh BTW PC players don't adjust your FOV on Multiplayer ..... they're banning people for it.  I **** you not.

Does it require editing an .ini or something? That will be the reason why; it's probably flagging a false positive.

I haven't played but I'm guessing there isn't an FOV slider. Which in itself speaks about the quality of the game/port.

No because both consoles use there own low level api, mantle is designed to bring a low level api to the pc to bypass directx's high overheads improve performance and to get the best out of the graphics architecture its employed on

It's ambitious for AMD to do, but it's going to fail hard. It's open to nVidia, but they are not going to adapt to the requirements of Mantle and change their hardware when they have the powerful Maxwell all ready around the corner and when that is succesful, then Mantle doesn't have a single chance on its own when AMD doesn't have any chance to get a larger market share. OpenGL with all its cumbersome extensions will then still be prefered due to this nature. But MS is looking closely at Mantle and will surely implement more features to make lower level access possible on each specific brand of cards when possible as they are already in the process of doing so for the Xbox One.

It's ambitious for AMD to do, but it's going to fail hard. It's open to nVidia, but they are not going to adapt to the requirements of Mantle and change their hardware when they have the powerful Maxwell all ready around the corner and when that is succesful, then Mantle doesn't have a single chance on its own when AMD doesn't have any chance to get a larger market share. OpenGL with all its cumbersome extensions will then still be prefered due to this nature. But MS is looking closely at Mantle and will surely implement more features to make lower level access possible on each specific brand of cards when possible as they are already in the process of doing so for the Xbox One.

what are you on about? nvidia wouldnt need to change there hardware, it would just be added into mantle. Seeing as mantle is derived from the x1 cus x1 has its own low level api talking directly to the hardware (GCN) same as the ps4. the reason why consoles can do so much more with the hardware they have than a PC is cus the api's talk direct to metal and have low overhead and is optimized for the graphics architecture in it which is what AMD is doing because the big game companies have asked them to do it for the PC market. DirectX is a jack of all trades master of none its so broad that its not optimized to run on specific hardware which is what AMD is doing with it.  We'll find out how good it is next month, must be better if DICE are going to patch it in. Mantle will most likely only get used on AAA titles that want to push the boundaries on gfx but DirectX will never die cus an indie dev that isnt aiming for extreme gfx will still use it as its still good for mainstream stuff. If it is good i can see Crysis 4 having this built in etc

No! There is still a driver inbetween on the Xbox One, the mono driver that MS has engineered with AMD for optimal DirectX11 use is lower level, but not direct to metal as many seem to think. There is still an abstraction layer there.

Mantle is a lower level API optimized for GCN hardware, it is not derived from the Xbox One, though it may share similarities to the mono driver. AMD already made that very clear.

nVidia has a completely different architecture and requires modification to its pipelines to be able to have the same level of performance under Mantle.

Don't get your hopes up, it might show increased performance on AMD hardware, but OpenGL is established and with the proper use of specific extensions will provide nearly the same level of performance. I believe John Carmack is right on that one.

Does it require editing an .ini or something? That will be the reason why; it's probably flagging a false positive.

I haven't played but I'm guessing there isn't an FOV slider. Which in itself speaks about the quality of the game/port.

There is in Single player an extinction but not multiplayer  :(