Photo

Official GTA V PC

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Master of Earth

Master of Earth

Neowinian

Posted 06 November 2013 - 16:08

This will be the official discussion thread for upcoming GTA V PC version.

I think the minimum requirement of GTA V spec might be a R9 290 or GTX titan and the recommend spec CF R9 290 or SLI Titan.

#2 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 November 2013 - 16:10

I think the minimum requirement of GTA V spec might be a R9 290 or GTX titan and the recommend spec CF R9 290 or SLI Titan.

Yeah that'll definitely move inventory...

#3 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 07 November 2013 - 13:26

Well lets think GTA IV and apply the same standards to GTA V,

1. It will have DRM, Rockstar Social Club, etc, etc.

2. It will require Adobe Flash and be dependent on a single version of IE and will break when a new version of IE comes out

3. It run poorly and stutter on NV 780 SLI and a 4 GHz i7 and look worse than Bioshock Infinite

4. PC gamers will still buy it

5. Patches for the PC version will do almost nothing to solve the above issues

#4 riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:33

Hello,

Ive searched and there is no version of GTA V for PC. Sorry if I missed the announcment.

#5 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:39

4. PC gamers will still buy it

Not that you aren't wrong on the other points of yours, but I won't even pirate it. Got sick of the game by watching people play it on twitch.

If I'll buy it; it will only happen on Steam $5 sale with all the DLCs for it.

#6 Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:40

Pffft, Titan's irrelevant for gaming now. 780 Ti's! ;)

#7 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:48

Not that you aren't wrong on the other points of yours, but I won't even pirate it. Got sick of the game by watching people play it on twitch.

If I'll buy it; it will only happen on Steam $5 sale with all the DLCs for it.

Which will be the case probably 9-12 months after release.  Thats what I'm waiting for as well.

#8 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2013 - 13:05

If those are the specs that are required to play the game if and when a pc version is ever released they might as well not even bother with releasing it. PC gamers are already considered a minority and pc gamers with a system like that would be the least of the least.

Considering it can be played on the ps3 and xbox 360 I don't think the system requirements will be all that steep though. At least they shouldn't be.

#9 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2013 - 13:18

I just played through Sleeping Dogs, which I got on sale for $5. It looks amazing on PC with the high resolution pack installed, and it runs great. Also, the fighting is fantastically done.

... the point being, GTA V can wait. I'll pay $5 for Rockstar's crappy port some day, but the only thing I ever expect them to make better for the PC is Max Payne. 

#10 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 10 November 2013 - 14:17

I just played through Sleeping Dogs, which I got on sale for $5. It looks amazing on PC with the high resolution pack installed, and it runs great. Also, the fighting is fantastically done.

... the point being, GTA V can wait. I'll pay $5 for Rockstar's crappy port some day, but the only thing I ever expect them to make better for the PC is Max Payne. 

But Max Payne 3 was neatly done. Lovely graphics and smooth moves. I was shocked it ran so well after GTA IV's flop on the PC.

#11 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2013 - 14:22

But Max Payne 3 was neatly done. Lovely graphics and smooth moves. I was shocked it ran so well after GTA IV's flop on the PC.

Right, I was saying Max Payne is the only game I expect Rockstar to get right for the PC, mostly because it started there.

#12 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 10 November 2013 - 16:16

Right, I was saying Max Payne is the only game I expect Rockstar to get right for the PC, mostly because it started there.

Eh, maybe. GTA started on consoles but GTA 3, VC, SA were excellent on the PC (if not better). Now GTA IV was a bitter disappointment for the non high-end PC gamers but I still have faith in Rockstar that they'll learn from this mistake of theirs.

#13 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 November 2013 - 16:42

Eh, maybe. GTA started on consoles but GTA 3, VC, SA were excellent on the PC (if not better). Now GTA IV was a bitter disappointment for the non high-end PC gamers but I still have faith in Rockstar that they'll learn from this mistake of theirs.

By that you mean that up until GTA 3 it was released on PC first?

#14 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:28

By that you mean that up until GTA 3 it was released on PC first?

No. Don't twist my words; I believe it's clear what I said.

#15 Circaflex

Circaflex

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: hammerhead

Posted 10 November 2013 - 19:34

well im glad you don't publish/create games this is absurd no way those would be any sort of realistic requirements