Ryse: Son Of Rome - "Is As Fun As Dialing Phone Numbers"

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 07 November 2013 - 13:48

i wasnt very hopeful for this game, however it seemed like the dude over at IGN liked the gameplay.

#47 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 07 November 2013 - 15:51

If that's all you are doing you wouldn't last long against the different enemy types. Cape stun, quick fire gadgets, dodge, aerial attack, knife dodge/takedown, all the other combos like batarang takedown etc. Besides the combat is only one portion of the game of course with large variety in the predator/ detective bits. 

Regardless, I know I am wasting my breath. 

You don't have to quick fire gadgets at all, it's a nice bonus but not really needed.  Cape stun is a different button, sure and you have to use it but in limited situations.  Knife dodge is the same counter process but you either hold the counter button down and push back or you tap it at the right time to disarm.     You're going off though, those are nice extras on top of the core fighting mechanic that is basically hit and counter until you enter focus mode.  

I like how you say the combat is also only one portion of the game, the same can be said for others, even Ryse has shown it has something else.  

Regardless, I to know i'm probably wasting my breath.  But since you wanted to nitpick and expand on things I might as well humor you.

#48 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 07 November 2013 - 16:11

Its funny how some people just want to jump on the bandwagon of negative posts and then insinuate that anyone not in that group is a fanboy or troll. Its bit like crying wolf.

Its just a game people. If there are technical problems, then everyone will hate it. But when your arguing over things like gameplay, story, etc, it becomes much more subjective and open to opinion. COD: Ghost has been panned as an average or worse game by many reviewers, and yet lots of gamers still want to play it.

As far as this game goes, that first review made me feel like the game wouldn't be for me, but then I hear other reviewers contradict that and I am left to decide for myself. Maybe there will be a demo or at least more gameplay videos soon. As of right now, I fall on the side of not liking what I'm hearing, same as others in this thread. Other reviews and demos may change that.

#49 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:11

Ryse doesn't look like my cup of tea at all... But I am happy with the chance that Microsoft took in letting Crytek develop a new IP...  Lesson learned and maybe Ryse 2 (if possible) will be something to brag about...

Cause all gamers seem to want is, CoD part 22, BF9, Halo 28, Uncharted 7-10, God of War 19.....

Happy to see new things being tried... even if they fail... Can't fly unless you try... Can't be worse than Haze...

Wow I actually agree with Showan for once :laugh:

It would have been so easy for Crytek to make another sci-fi shooter like Crysis or go with the crowd and make a military shooter like BF/CoD so I'm happy they did something new too. Unfortunately I just never had any interest in this game. It's not because of the swords etc, it just wasn't my cup of tea and I knew as soon as I saw it years ago I was passing on it. Doesn't matter what the reviews are like, if it were 4K or whatever, just not for me.

I hope if they do work with MS again it won't be Ryse 2 though :p

#50 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:12

It would have been so easy for Crytek to make another sci-fi shooter like Crysis or go with the crowd and make a military shooter like BF/CoD so I'm happy they did something new too. Unfortunately I just never had any interest in this game. It's not because of the swords etc, it just wasn't my cup of tea and I knew as soon as I saw it years ago I was passing on it. Doesn't matter what the reviews are like, if it were 4K or whatever, just not for me.

Hey look at that, another great post. 

I agree completely. 

#51 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:22

If there's a Ryse 2 or not it depends on sales.    That said, i'm still waiting for an Alan Wake 2,  come on Remedy!  Though, I want to play Quantum Break.

#52 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:25

If there's a Ryse 2 or not it depends on sales.    That said, i'm still waiting for an Alan Wake 2,  come on Remedy!  Though, I want to play Quantum Break.

Yup still waiting for Alan Wake 2 myself. Don't know enough about QB to decide on it yet.

#53 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 November 2013 - 17:30

Yup still waiting for Alan Wake 2 myself. Don't know enough about QB to decide on it yet.

I play anything from Remedy, I know I'm going to get a good story from Sam Lake and some interesting new gameplay.  Alan Wake had it with using light and so on, it looks like QB could be playing with time.

#54 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 07 November 2013 - 19:14

Look out the window and see if the planets are aligned...   

#55 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 07 November 2013 - 19:19

lmfao

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!