Photo

Anal probes ordered after traffic stop

new mexico x-rays american civil liberties union drug interdiction sniffing dog vaginally probed

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,505 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 20:30

well, this news and the other that went out today "proving" that Obama is gay...

just connect the dots. :laugh:

seriously, if i was on parole and could be anal probed and still paying the medical bill for every suspicion, i wouldn't leave my house until the paroled ended; knowing cops from my country as they are, they would most likely stop me as soon as i leave home. everyday. :woot:

#47 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 20:42

That has no relevance as I made no such speculation.

if you didn't, then how do you agree with what happened to him (and the manner) was wrong?

#48 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,949 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 07 November 2013 - 20:54

if you didn't, then how do you agree with what happened to him (and the manner) was wrong?

The medical procedures used against the suspects aren't in dispute, which is what my comments were based on.

#49 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,991 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 21:23

And we have presented circumstances where the police actions would be legal and proper.

I fail to see how you cannot understand that if he were known to the cops to carry drugs anally he would,

1) have been charged in that previous incident,

2) given the US laws long probations are common so it's very possible he would still he under supervision,

3) while on probation your right to refuse searches are drastically curtailed, including cavity searches since that was his MO in the first instance.

#50 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,335 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 23:11

More info.

Consequences pending in forced rectal exam case

Including a photo of the perverts officers:

Consequences_pending_in_forced_rectal_ex

#51 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,491 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 21:25

Lawsuit says unreasonable anal searches forced on NM man after a traffic stop

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. –  A southern New Mexico man who was pulled over for not making a complete traffic stop was taken to two hospitals and forced to have anal probes, three enemas, two body X-rays and a colonoscopy because police thought he was hiding drugs, according a federal lawsuit.

No drugs were found, and the man is now being billed thousands of dollars for the "illegal, invasive and painful medical procedures," the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of David Eckert against police and sheriff's officials in Deming and Hidalgo County, which borders Mexico. It alleges police wanted the searches conducted because they thought Eckert appeared to be clenching his buttocks when he got out of his car Jan. 2. Police also brought in a drug-sniffing dog, which detected something in the driver's seat.

#52 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,991 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:24

Police also brought in a drug-sniffing dog, which detected something in the driver's seat.

Enter "probable cause."

#53 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z3

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:49

Like someone said, no matter who you are but I'm going to fight you before I'll ever let you probe me. 

X-ray would have been enough and a full body x-ray would have shown all they needed to know.

#54 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,991 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:06

News flash: you can't always see drugs on an x-ray. There has to be a significant density difference and often it isn't sufficient. Sorry, but reality intrudes on your make believe bubble.

#55 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,157 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:33

don't you like it when possible criminal will be anal-probed based on dogs sniffing his fart residual?