missouri stepfather handcuffed judgment call taser city jail

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,894 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 14:15

If this were a police state paranoid anti-government conspiracy theories would not be allowed to be posted openly online. And they wouldn't have handcuffed him, then tazed him, twice. They would have shot him once and carted him off.

Agreed. The cops acted in the only way they could. If they'd let the father go in, he'd have died too.  As I say, it's a lose/lose situation with no good outcome for anyone. Not the kid who died, the father who lost a son, or the cops who were forced to stop him trying to save his life.

Odds are those cops are parents too. You can bet they didn't want to have to stop him, but what choice did they have?

#47 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,720 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 14:31

This, sadly. I hope he doesnt end up killing himself over the loss of the child. He very well may have saved the kid also, but no one will ever know thanks to the police state we have created for ourselves.

Yea, and he should be allowed to kill himself, because only in a police state would anyone try to actually protect individuals from putting themselves in almost certain danger when in a highly emotional & distraught state... right?

#48 macrosslover

macrosslover

Muad’Dib

• 3,098 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 14:44

It's amazing that they wanted to be mad at the police as is normal in the US but nobody is mad at the firefighters whose "job" it is to run into burning buildings and save people.

Let it be known that I support the firefighters and what the police officers did, I'm just commenting on the misdirected anger of the family.  If they had did nothing and watched him run in and die then it would have been "OMG police do nothing while family member runs to his death".  It really is a thankless job.  Thank You police officers for saving that man's life that night.

#49 dannyshmannypants

dannyshmannypants

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 14:50

Well, we should all know that the real question here is whether the man's pajamas were flameproof. If the fireman said it was too hot with all of his gear on, he should have taken some of that off. Ever wonder why fire fighters wear heavy coats, boots and long pants with rolled up cuffs? They must be hot as #&ll in that outfit. Especially when fighting a fire. Why don't they wear shorts and a tee shirt? Now, the real problem is the fact that there wasn't a large vat of Vaseline for the man to jump into before he ran into the fire, so his skin would be protected. Also, why didn't the boy just come on out? I think we have a clear cut case of too many answers and not enough questions. Sad story, though.

#50 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,845 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 08 November 2013 - 18:54

Agreed. The cops acted in the only way they could. If they'd let the father go in, he'd have died too.  As I say, it's a lose/lose situation with no good outcome for anyone. Not the kid who died, the father who lost a son, or the cops who were forced to stop him trying to save his life.

Odds are those cops are parents too. You can bet they didn't want to have to stop him, but what choice did they have?

Yeah sad. Online forums are like the father, emotional. If a person in this conversation doesn't understand that the majority of deaths in fires are caused by smoke inhalation and lack of oxygen, you're not going to get them to slow down and think that through here. Too much emotion. I guess not everyone understands what the oxygen tanks and masks are for, nor how fast a blazing fire zaps oxygen in no time. If it's too "hot" for fire retardant gear, how far do you think flesh and bone will go?