Poppy Day Questions/Survey

(please dont search online for the answers!)

1 Did you buy a poppy?

2 do you know the name of the charity your money is going to for the purchase?

3 how much of the money from your purchase do you think will go to the actual cause?

4 what do you think your donation will go toward's doing? or who is it intended to help?

1. Yes, every year

2. Yes (The Royal British Legion)

3. No idea, probably not as much as I think though :p

4. It's aimed at current and former members of the British Armed Forces, particularly towards those who have been injured in combat. At least that is my understanding.

• Like 1

1 Did you buy a poppy?

Of course I did.

2 do you know the name of the charity your money is going to for the purchase?

The Royal British Legion

3 how much of the money from your purchase do you think will go to the actual cause?

The standard paper poppies is about 50-60% I believe

4 what do you think your donation will go toward's doing? or who is it intended to help?

Current and former servicemen and their families

• Like 1

Yes, every year I buy several (I keep losing them...They never stay on my jacket..Need some kind of pin on them..). Though here we sell them for Remembrance Day (November 11th), we don't call it poppy day.

They go to the Royal Canadian Legion

I have no idea..Not enough I'm sure..

To quote from one of the websites

The money raised is used to provide those ex-service personnel and their families in need with dental and eye care, medical equipment, prescriptions, shelter, clothing and other assistance.

1.  Yes I  get a Poppy every year.  I do not buy a Poppy, I donate for the cause.

2.  All funds go to the Royal Canadian Legion.

3.  As far as I know all goes for the cause.

4.  All monies go to the  Armed Forces Vets. Some Funds are used for lawyers fees to fight the government (Vet affairs), but most of the funds are for helping feed, provide shelter, provide education for a second career  and provide medical care.