PlayStation 4 Fans - You will love this photo!

This photo was posted from Amazon Games Facebook page. I blocked out people's names in the comments for privacy/security etc.

So many PlayStation 4s, OMG

post-455563-0-88224800-1383872811.jpg

• Like 3

Imagine if somehow we could harness all that computing power and do something really spectacular. :P lol Can't wait to receive my PS4. 

I am trying calculate how many are in the photo

:woot:  Its too much! At least Amazon is ready, but I wouldn't be shocked if all of those are just to cover pre-orders.  Hopefully mine is in there.

We are almost there.  I'm counting the days now.

:woot:  Its too much! At least Amazon is ready, but I wouldn't be shocked if all of those are just to cover pre-orders.  Hopefully mine is in there.

We are almost there.  I'm counting the days now.

I didn't think you were getting a ps4

Seems to be 54 per crate, 25 rows long, looks about 3 rows across, around 4,050 PS4s. 

I figured about 75 PS4s per crate, because I can see 6 PS4s horizontally placed in 3 sections with 30 PS4s in 2 sections vertically placed in-between the horizontally placed ones .  75 PS4s per crate x 75 crates in total in 3 rows, is 5625. The PS4 is $399, so there is apparently about $2,244,375 worth of PS4s in the photo.

I figured about 75 PS4s per crate, because I can see 6 PS4s horizontally placed in 3 sections with 30 PS4s in 2 sections vertically placed in-between the horizontally placed ones .  75 PS4s per crate x 75 crates in total in 3 rows, is 5625. The PS4 is $399, so there is apparently about $2,244,375 worth of PS4s in the photo.

There could be more in the truck trailers and/or other side of the yellow bridge (or whatever that is) in the photo... 

It's 4 per block (3 Vertical + 1 Horizontal) * (12 blocks) -> (48 + 6 horizonal on the bottom) -> 54 total.    It would be 54 * 25 * 3 = Total PS4's  * 399 = Total MSRP Value

I didn't think you were getting a ps4

Well I had said I was just going to get one at launch, but while I was waiting to decide, I pre-ordered both early on from Amazon.  That way, I could easily cancel the one I decided to stick with, but it made sure that I wouldn't miss one.  In fact, I could still cancel one, but as we have gotten closer, I have found it hard to part with one, so it looks like I'm getting both. 

The ps4 is too good to pass up power wise, but it lacks launch titles I want, while the x1 has the launch titles I want plus the better media support at launch.  I'm getting extended warranties for both to avoid the first gen failures (cheap through Amazon).  Hard to pick between them for me personally. I'll just have to delay my smartphone/tablet buys until next year :laugh:. 

Soooooooooo,

Whos going to be the first to try and build a supercomputer by connecting all these together like they did the PS3?

I think it'll be Iran.  Wasn't it Iraq that bought up a bunch of ps2s? :laugh:

Soooooooooo,

Whos going to be the first to try and build a supercomputer by connecting all these together like they did the PS3?

It would me much cheaper to build using AMD parts this time. These are generic x64 APUs.

I know it doesn't make a single bit of difference to anything, but I think the PS4 box art is incredibly lacklustre.

Then again, it does have a sweet carry handle.

• Like 2

I'm getting extended warranties for both to avoid the first gen failures (cheap through Amazon).  Hard to pick between them for me personally. I'll just have to delay my smartphone/tablet buys until next year :laugh:. 

hmm.. Amazon.ca doesn't offer extended Warranties.. I hadn't thought about that.  I wonder if Sony will offer one.

hmm.. Amazon.ca doesn't offer extended Warranties.. I hadn't thought about that.  I wonder if Sony will offer one.

Its through square trade.  I'm not sure if that is offered on that site as well, but I have to say the rates for coverage are cheap.  I can cover both a ps4 and x1 for two years beyond the standard one year for $80 total.  That's 3 year warranties for both. I like the terms as well since they pay for shipping on a return. 

I really shouldn't be buying both at launch considering the insane expense, but you only live once I suppose.