How do you think the Wii U will fare this holiday season?

How will the Wii U fare against the PS4 & Xbox One?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Wii U fare against the PS4 & Xbox One?

• It'll do quite well, don't count Ninty out.
    • It'll enjoy a moderate amount of success.
    • Are you kidding? Against 2 new, (technically)superior consoles? It's doomed!
    • Other. Specify.

Probably not that well due to lack of first and third party titles. The 3DS on the other hand will sell really well because it has had a lot of titles this year and is still getting more before the holiday season.

• Like 3

It will sell well, it will have brand recognition.  PS4 / XB1 will be limited supply, wiiiii uuuuuu will be everywhere.  Just feel sorry for people that may get the cheapo wii from people who don't know any better

It's already doing very badly, with both the X1 and PS4 coming out shortly it's just going to get worse.. I won't say doomed but certainly not even close to what the new consoles will bring in. I actually liked the original Wii for what it was, the hardware wasn't impressive but the games were a lot of fun, and as I hear it the Wii-U is still lacking quite a bit. Nintendo really dropped the ball with that one. The 3DS on the other hand will probably do well.

• Like 3

It will probably see a small surge in sales from people buying a console for a Christmas present, seeing how it is cheaper than the X1 and PS4. And then you'll see a corresponding increase in returns when the kids open their gifts and realize it's not a PS4 or a X1. :rofl:

All kidding aside, it's doing pretty poorly right now and since there aren't any big titles coming out until 2014 that can boost the sales past the usual Christmas bump, the decline in sales will continue into 2014.

Sales wise it's going to do quite poorly, but once the drought kicks in for the other 2 next-gen consoles, Wii U will look appealing once their exclusives start to ship in Q1/2.

I'm sure Mario 3D World will review highly and sell a few million (Y)

Parents will see how expensive the Xbox One and PS4 is and buy a Wii U. At least the Wii U wont be bricked unless it receives some update

Parents will see how expensive the Xbox One and PS4 is and buy a Wii U. At least the Wii U wont be bricked unless it receives some update

Why do you constantly bring the update thing when the wii u had a day 1 update as well...

I see kids clamouring for PS4 or X1s. Wii Us? Unlikely.

Kids can clamor all all they want. That doesn't mean their parents(especially those who don't know anything) are going to pick the $400-500 option over the $300 one. Especially if the $300 one includes some games in the box(less extra money they have to spend right away).

(don't take that as meaning the wii u will crush them both. I'm just saying the lower price and bundles will put it in a much better position in parents eyes than the other 2)

The wiiU released nearly exactly a year ago and hasn't even sold 4 million units yet worldwide.. Pokemon X Y sold that in just 2 days after hitting the shelf.

Its in stock everywhere and has a continually declining price point. I seen it fall from $349 to $279 in the past 3 months for a deluxe version WITH the new zelda! With statistics like 685% 'jump' in sales it looks good, then you realize it means they sold 6850 units instead of 10...

WiiU has a new mario title which will print money, asides from that it already failed. a year in and no titles, not even news of titles.. devs returning xdk kits and nobody able to materialize what nintendo innovated. You know its bad when all the security the console holds has been defeated but the hackers don't see the point in releasing said information because the userbase is soo small. Hell, I'd choose a damn Vita over the WiiU any day!

WiiU has a new mario title which will print money, asides from that it already failed. a year in and no titles, not even news of titles.. devs returning xdk kits and nobody able to materialize what nintendo innovated. I'd choose a damn Vita over the WiiU any day!

You know the vita is doing even worse than the wii u, right?

I had a Wii U... Expecting BIG things from Nintendo. Let me tell you, you can only play Super Mario Bros. U for so long.

The virtual console games were/are more abundant than Wii U titles, that's not a good sign at all. I tried to wait for Rayman, but when the game was delayed because of poor sales (and ports to the PS3 & 360) that was the last straw. As much as I don't Gamestop, they were doing a 100% trade in credit promo that I could not turn down.

To have gotten most of my money back on the Wii U, was a blessing.

Nintendo messed up with the old school thinking.. Release the console and wait 12-18months for the heavy hitting games to game out. Nobody wants to pay $300-$500 for a box and then have to wait almost 2yrs to see some of its value.

Funny thing is, Nintendo can salvage something from this mishap. They need to get a true draw dropping Next Gen version of Zelda (not Wind Waker HD, although beautiful) or Metroid out the door and on store shelves.

Nintendo has IP's that can move consoles... It's up to them what they do with it..

Right now it looking bad....

And does anyone at Nintendo realize we live I a social online world now?... Friend codes?... Really...?!

Nintendo's problems are self inflicting... And that's sad.

Good topic, compl3x.

I hope that consumers come to appreciate the Wii U as the most innovative console of this generation.
In spite of the fact that it has performed rather poorly, I believe that the Wii U may gain some traction this holiday season. My reasons for this are:

• The Wii U will be the cheapest console at the time.
  • The Wii U is targeted towards both casual and hardcore gamers. Although some may consider this detrimental to the console's success, it allows the console to attract a larger audience.
  • The console is backward compatible with most Wii games and peripherals.
  • Anticipated games, such as the new Super Smash Bros., are due to be released next year.

There are some great looking titles coming out on Wii U (finally). I think it'll do somewhere between moderately and quite well.

Good topic, compl3x.

I hope that consumers come to appreciate the Wii U as the most innovative console of this generation.

In spite of the fact that it has performed rather poorly, I believe that the Wii U may gain some traction this holiday season. My reasons for this are:

• The Wii U will be the cheapest console at the time.
  • The Wii U is targeted towards both casual and hardcore gamers. Although some may consider this detrimental to the console's success, it allows the console to attract a larger audience.
  • The console is backward compatible with most Wii games and peripherals.
  • Anticipated games, such as the new Super Smash Bros., are due to be released next year.

A lot of that won't even matter honestly. They really just need to stop selling the Wii in order to get sales. There's still a ton of confusion on the name alone between parents. In fact, I can imagine some parents not wanting to buy it because their kids "already have a Wii thing", despite the differences between the Wii and Wii U. :pinch:

Hell, to my parents, they're all Nintendos. :laugh:

Call of Duty: Ghost compare video  WiiU vs  PS4  360 and  PS3  and as ya can see from the video the Wii U   despite different lighting retains the same quality textures and detail the PS4 renders while  PS3 and 360 are  not as good looking  so the Wii U can really push it and  more  

Call of Duty Ghost ps4 VS Wii U VS Xbox 360 VS PS3