XBOX One TV/Entertainment apps list

Today, we?re announcing the very first wave of some of the world?s biggest names in entertainment rolling out on Xbox One in the 13 launch markets between Nov. 22 at launch and spring 2014:

Australia ?Crackle

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Network Ten?s tenplay

?Quickflix

?SBS On Demand

?TED

?Twitch

Austria

?Eurosport

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?TED

?Twitch

Brazil

?Crackle

?Machinima

?Muu

?Netflix

?Saraiva Player

?Sky Online

?SporTV

?TED

?Telecine

?Twitch

?Vivo Play

Canada

?CinemaNow

?Crackle

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Netflix

?Rogers Anyplace TV

?Sportsnet

?TED

?The NFL on Xbox One

?Twitch

France

?6Play

?Canal+/CanalSat

?France 2,3,4,5

?La TV d?Orange

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?MyTF1

?MYTF1VOD

?SFR TV

?TED

?Twitch

Germany

?Amazon\LOVEFiLM

?Eurosport

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?TED

?Twitch

?Watchever

?Zattoo

Ireland

?Eurosport

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Netflix

?TED

?Twitch

Italy

?Eurosport

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Premium Play

?TED

?Twitch

Mexico

?Clarovideo

?Crackle

?Machinima

?Netflix

?TED

?Televisa

?The NFL on Xbox One

?TV Azteca

?Twitch

?Veo

New Zealand

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Quickflix

?TED

?Twitch

Spain

?Eurosport

?Gol Televisi?n

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?RTVE

?TED

?Twitch

?Wuaki.tv

?Zattoo

United Kingdom

?4oD

?Amazon\LOVEFiLM

?blinkbox

?Crackle

?Demand 5

?Eurosport

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Netflix

?NOW TV

?TED

?Twitch

?Wuaki.tv

United States

?Amazon Instant Video

?Crackle

?CWTV

?ESPN

?FOX NOW

?FXNOW

?HBO GO (coming soon)

?Hulu Plus

?Machinima

?MUZU TV

?Netflix

?Redbox Instant by Verizon

?Target Ticket

?TED

?The NFL on Xbox One

?Twitch

?Univision Deportes

?Verizon FiOS TV

?VUDU

The list above* is just the first wave of third-party apps that are coming to Xbox One over the course of the next few months. We will continue to announce more apps coming to the platform and both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 entertainment app portfolios will continue to grow weekly.

In addition to the entertainment apps coming from partners, in every market Xbox One will also feature:

?Xbox Fitness

?Xbox Video

?Xbox Music

?Internet Explorer

?Skype

?SkyDrive

?Upload

With games, multiplayer gaming, live TV and the best entertainment apps, Xbox One is the most complete entertainment system.

*Xbox LIVE Gold membership required

http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/xbox-one-partners-unveiled

quite the list, more than PS4s launch.. however.. the astrisk notes the Gold is required.. are ALL features behind gold?  Also, which ones are actually launch ones vs ones that will be out in spring?

Can't believe they are launching without iPlayer, Sky or YouTube :no: Also have to wonder if Sky will bother with a seperate app or will integrate the basic packages into NowTV more.

Oh well, at least there's Netflix and Twitch :/

I don't know about Sky and iPlayer but Youtube isn't on any new system for some reason or another. 

quite the list, more than PS4s launch.. however.. the astrisk notes the Gold is required.. are ALL features behind gold?  Also, which ones are actually launch ones vs ones that will be out in spring?

Yes, they're all behind gold. I imagine they'll all be out at launch, considering most are already on the 360.

Well I'm actually alright with a lack of youtube app at launch as long as IE can handle the web page properly.  The 360 IE was fairly limited, but the X1 is probably using a form of IE 11, so I'm hoping that means its much more capable.

If they allow you to pin websites to your pin sections, I could see myself using that a lot.

As far as the app lineup, its a good first start, but they will keep building on that for sure.  And again they missed an opportunity to move these apps outside of Gold, but they must feel that they do not yet offer enough other services behind Gold to offset moving those to an open app market. 

I'll be using the Amazon and ESPN apps a lot.  I really liked the ESPN app on the 360, so I'll keep that going with the x1. I've been trying out Xbox Music, so I may be using that on there as well.  But as much as I appreciate all the streaming app support, I'm still waiting to hear about how MS will handle 3rd party apps developed for the X1.  I want an app that can handle local media playback, including content streamed from another device.

One slick thing I read about was the fact that the One Guide can be used by any 3rd party app.  Things like Netflix and Hulu Plus can push their content to the guide.

It shows up as its own channel in the guide and you can navigate through with all of the Kinect features they demoed or the controller.

That's great news for potential app developers and it makes the guide so much more useful beyond just live tv. 

This is one reason I'm looking forward to the X1 so much, its potential as an app platform considering its robust OS.

I imagine the whole media apps behind Gold thing could change at any time with growing competition from others.   There's also new people in charge so anything is possible down the road.  As they start to add things back that they had set first, like family sharing an so on, they can add value to gold through those and set media apps free.   Right now outside of having gold for MP it's also to get access to the apps.    It could all swing the other way at any point, it'd just be a easy server side change for them to unlock like they do on those free weekends from time to time.

Hopefully YT isn't far behind. Hope GT have an update in the works too.

I don't think youtube would be Microsofts fault. I'm guessing more to do with google the same with WP youtube app and the constant back and forwards ###### fight between the two.

Yeah, it looks like there will be a steady stream of new entertainment sources as we go along.

I'm cool with a delay as long as they take the time to build a proper UI for the TV and take advantage of all the features.

Sigh, stuck with Netflix and Twitch then...

FWIW on the topic of NowTV, I actually think they're the best streaming service in the UK and very underrated. The library is updated every week with new releases way ahead of the competition. I was surprised when I first joined. I wanted to hate it because it's part of the evil empire, but it's too good (Y)

PSN is a paywall to play online and get access to games.

XBL is a paywall to play online, get apps, get skype minutes (for xb1 users), free games, unlimited cloud storage so on and so forth..

Are you buying a PS4 without PSN?

I don't think youtube would be Microsofts fault. I'm guessing more to do with google the same with WP youtube app and the constant back and forwards **** fight between the two.

The youtube app on 360 is pretty nice and amazingly works with the youtube app on the phones.   is youtube launching on any console this gen yet?

XBL is a paywall to play online, get apps, get skype minutes (for xb1 users), free games, unlimited cloud storage so on and so forth..

Uhm, PSN gives access to free games, auto update stuff, real-time game patching, and various other things.  However, my post had nothing to do with comparing PSN and XBL, but a genuine question if ALL of the apps required it.  

Now I see what trooper means when people turn everything into a ps4 vs. xbone even if the post has nothing to do with a comparison.  Both you and hawk have done it to me in the past 3 days.

• Like 1

Uhm, PSN gives access to free games, auto update stuff, real-time game patching, and various other things.  However, my post had nothing to do with comparing PSN and XBL, but a genuine question if ALL of the apps required it.  

Now I see what trooper means when people turn everything into a ps4 vs. xbone even if the post has nothing to do with a comparison.  Both you and hawk have done it to me in the past 3 days.

This is a forrest from the trees problem.  Yes, XB1 media apps require XBL and yes, you have to pay for XBL - Everyone knows this.  XBL also gives you accesss to free games, auto update stuff, real time patching and various other things.

Microsoft has NOT at this time changed the 360 policy nor announced ANY change of that policy on X1. It's been beaten like a deadhorse and the reason we seem snarky in response is that it's a snarky question to ask at this point.

Especially since we know you're not buying the x1.. this community isn't that large :)

The youtube app on 360 is pretty nice and amazingly works with the youtube app on the phones.   is youtube launching on any console this gen yet?

This is a forrest from the trees problem.  Yes, XB1 media apps require XBL and yes, you have to pay for XBL - Everyone knows this.  XBL also gives you accesss to free games, auto update stuff, real time patching and various other things.

Microsoft has NOT at this time changed the 360 policy nor announced ANY change of that policy on X1. It's been beaten like a deadhorse and the reason we seem snarky in response is that it's a snarky question to ask at this point.

Especially since we know you're not buying the x1.. this community isn't that large :)

Can we stop calling games "free" when you have to pay a sub :laugh: Goes for both IGC and GwG :P

Can we stop calling games "free" when you have to pay a sub :laugh: Goes for both IGC and GwG :p

Actually, they are free.  You don't need to maintain the sub to keep playing them. (unlike PSN cough cough) :D

Actually, they are free.  You don't need to maintain the sub to keep playing them. (unlike PSN cough cough) :D

You need to buy XBL Gold to qualify, therefore, not free.

You need to buy XBL Gold to qualify, therefore, not free.

They are free. I buy XBL to play online :D

You love to argue for argument sake right?

When i had cable and got free pay per views randomly, i still quantified the pay per views as "Free" even though i had to still pay for cable.. but you're right, to be pedantic, they aren't free.

I still had to pay for cable, electricity, tv, house and everything else required to use it.

They are free. I buy XBL to play online :D

You love to argue for argument sake right?

I like to see people argue things are free when punching their CC details into an online store.

I like to see people argue things are free when punching their CC details into an online store.

You don't need to punch in CC details to get the games for free. You just click buy, it says the price is 00 and starts downloading and saves it to your library if you want to download later.  Even after not paying for service.

I asked if they all where, not owning an xbox I didn't know if every single media app/side app required XBL Gold.  You could have answered with a simple yes instead of assuming my intentions, which you clearly got wrong. 

You are right though, I have no plans to buy an xbone, but that doesn't mean everything I say in regards to it has to be negative or a dig.