18 posts in this topic

Posted

Attorney David Schorr slapped a court-appointed shrink with a defamation lawsuit for telling the judge deciding a custody battle with his estranged wife that he was an unfit parent

Posted

I think it was a 1950s equivalent of sending your child to bed without dinner.

It was better than the 1950's equivalent. If anything he was doing the child a favour!

How silly this all is. Apparently making one "bad" judgement call is enough to be judged as an irresponsible person. I'd have done the exact same thing as the dad in the situation, probably.

5 people like this

Posted

The shrin, the "mom" and anyone that agrees with them are the unfit ones, kid needs to learn early on in life about limits and not always getting what you want, especially crap like McD 

2 people like this

Posted

No greasy cheeseburger ?! Sadist ! :woot:

Posted

Sad.  the only person actually being a real parent in this story, is the one accused of being unfit.

That psychologist needs to be terminated.

5 people like this

Posted

No wonder (most of the) young ones these days grow up to be idiots and self-centered. Parents like this kid's mom should never be allowed to have children.

Posted

I agree 100% with all above posts!

Absolutely ridiculous what goes on in the world now a days!

Posted

I'm guessing this a pretty one side story ;). Sounds to me it was not so much his decision to not go to mcdonalds. But rather his decision to not give food at all that evening.

Not that I think that would hurt the child long term, mind you :p. But anyway, there probably is a lot more to this story.

1 person likes this

Posted

Any government powerful enough to give the people all that they want is also powerful enough to take from the people all that they have--including, but not limited to your children--in this case: the right to discipline a child.

Posted

I bet the mother's eyes lit up with glee that her son just handed her some ammo to use against the dad.

Sad stae of affairs. I'm completely behind the dad's decision. That kid is soon going to wish he wasn't a little brat if his dad is no longer allowed access. He'll probably be enjoying the twisted "I won" mentality of the moment right now without realising what repercussions his actions have had.

1 person likes this

Posted

He'll probably be enjoying the twisted "I won" mentality of the moment right now without realising what repercussions his actions have had.

The kid is 4. The only thing he was enjoying was a McDonalds Happy Meal.  He has no concept whatsoever of the repercussions of "telling" on his dad or himself for not giving in to him, he just wanted some McD's.

Posted

Id of said sorry for not letting my son become a statistic in an obesity epidemic, may not be fat now but hes on the road to it

Posted

it was not that long ago when i was a child and parents were allowed to hit you, (even the school principal was allowed to hit you with a paddle 3 times) and going to bed without supper if you were being stubborn is just how it was. nowadays you look at your kid wrong and they are hauling you off to prison for abuse.

1 person likes this

Posted

The kid is 4. The only thing he was enjoying was a McDonalds Happy Meal.  He has no concept whatsoever of the repercussions of "telling" on his dad or himself for not giving in to him, he just wanted some McD's.

Yep, doesn't mean he won't kick himself in a few years for it. His dad didn't do anything wrong and one day the kid will realise that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I bet the mother's eyes lit up with glee that her son just handed her some ammo to use against the dad.

Sad stae of affairs. I'm completely behind the dad's decision. That kid is soon going to wish he wasn't a little brat if his dad is no longer allowed access. He'll probably be enjoying the twisted "I won" mentality of the moment right now without realising what repercussions his actions have had.

The irony that has me laughing now is that the mother has gotten exactly what she wanted... and now she gets to deal with a spoiled brat that will probably get worse under her enabling, um... "parenting skills". Another kid with an entitlement complex...

But otherwise this is disturbing. I will say the grandmother did have a point in that he maybe should have been more careful until the divorce was over, but his rights as a parent are being totally screwed. That kid deserved his no-dinner punishment (actually it was his choice!), plus he probably needed a good old-fashion ass-whooping to boot. 

What really makes me mad now though is that while this father is supposedly unfit to be a parent, I'm sure he'll still have to pay up. 

Yep, doesn't mean he won't kick himself in a few years for it. His dad didn't do anything wrong and one day the kid will realise that.

I hope you're right.

Posted

It was better than the 1950's equivalent. If anything he was doing the child a favour!

How silly this all is. Apparently making one "bad" judgement call is enough to be judged as an irresponsible person. I'd have done the exact same thing as the dad in the situation, probably.

Beings someone who has been through a child custody battle proxy-my-wife, I can assure you that truth has little to nothing to do with the whole thing.  It has to do with argument and who brought the better arguer with them.

Posted

he could have done the 1950's...and taken this tantrum whining child to the 'Wood Shed' :laugh:

Posted

Apparently making one "bad" judgement call is enough to be judged as an irresponsible person. I'd have done the exact same thing as the dad in the situation, probably.

I got done that way once when I was a child and my parents were hardly unfit. This is plain ridiculous.

1 person likes this