Target ships Xbox One 14 days early

So it wasn't a whitelist. So maybe they simply have a list that is not part of an automatic system, but instead its managed manually before launch. As you said, there are beta testers, etc.

This console was not on any list and it was banned. The ban was reviewed once MS knew about the console leaks and legit users having them and reached out to them.

Its a happy ending right?

Yup, doesn't look like a list is in use and it was a manual ban that will hopefully be reverted.

And yet I was right. It's only temporary.

Tom Warren, the man who knows nothing about gaming who won't shut up about gaming :laugh:

I hope for their sake it is temporary, but there was better ways of handling this.

And yet I was right. It's only temporary.

Lucky guess ;)

Like I said, it shouldn't have happened to begin with. They created the mess, now they're cleaning it up and in the process generating good PR for Sony without them lifting a finger.

Stepto's thoughts...

Stepto.PNG

I miss Stepto :(

Yes, that's correct, but how would a guy at Microsoft (assuming it was a person doing the ban) have known the person got their console from a retailer?

This is still a nonissue in the grand scheme of things. Everyone making a big deal out of this has already made up their mind about what they're getting and everyone else will likely never hear of this. I don't get why the issue is being squeezed so much.

• Like 1

Forgot I was dealing with 'Muricans and their shoot first ask questions later mentality :laugh:

Its a simple misunderstanding on Microsoft's part and they're fixing it. People are blowing it way out of proportion. Has nothing to do with shoot first :rolleyes:

You should take some advice from the end of Annoyed Gamers video that you posted before posting things like this.

• Like 1

Stepto's thoughts...

Stepto.PNG

I miss Stepto :(

Who said MS didn't have a problem with the retailer? I would be shocked if they weren't after them about this.

MS literally are fixing the ban hours after it happened.

I agree with the statement though.

Its a simple misunderstanding on Microsoft's part and they're fixing it. People are blowing it way out of proportion. Has nothing to do with shoot first :rolleyes:

Well those people are going to do it regardless of what the outcome is. Some just love the drama surrounding these topics.

If Major Nelson is sorting it out for him then great. Good for that guy. I hope more ###### is leaked when more slip through the shipping nets (Y)

Alright, now your just trolling :laugh:

Too funny.

At least you understand now when I'm joking :p So yeah, don't take it seriously and report me if you read this "usual suspects" :laugh:

Update 3: A Microsoft spokesperson tells Engadget that the Xbox One consoles some consumers received by accident well ahead of launch on November 22nd cannot access Xbox Live until closer to launch. The statement says: "Due to a retail partner's system issue, a very small number of Xbox One consoles were shipped to consumers before the November 22 street date. We're pleased to see the initial response to Xbox One has been so positive, but given we are still putting the finishing touches on our games, UI and online services, as well as confidential partner and media agreements, these consoles units will be restricted from connecting to Xbox Live until closer to our launch date."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/early-xbox-one-details/

he wasn't even banned,just blocked from accessing xbox live.

Sure, you can call me Larry. As I noted, things are not ready. Also, he was not banned (his gamertag and Xbox 360 are not impacted) his console was just blocked from signing in. When things are ready, he'll get on early - that is what I am working on.

he wasn't even banned,just blocked from accessing xbox live.

He can say that...and i agree that is what happened...but the screenshot of it CLEARLY says banned: 4ed210737e7bc52260f3abd8e84dfa82.png

He can say that...and i agree that is what happened...but the screenshot of it CLEARLY says banned:

right, but i don't think a message exists in the firmware that says his console is blocked because of logging in before the service is ready. the banned message is hardcoded,and shows anytime a block is made,which is one of the things they do when they ban your console.

right, but i don't think a message exists in the firmware that says his console is blocked because of logging in before the service is ready. the banned message is hardcoded,and shows anytime a block is made,which is one of the things they do when they ban your console.

360 did so I don't see why they'd remove it in X1. It wasn't a specific message, it would tell you "can't sign in" blah blah about the dashboard betas etc. But they did include a status code for you to refer to. Never a "Your console is banned" message.

360 did so I don't see why they'd remove it in X1. It wasn't a specific message, it would tell you "can't sign in" blah blah about the dashboard betas etc. But they did include a status code for you to refer to. Never a "Your console is banned" message.

Theres a difference between not being able to sign in, and being blocked from the network(ie: for updates?). I guess in this case, he is blocked completely from accessing the network, rather than just not being able to sign in. the xbox probably uses the network outside of an xbox live account, therefore blocking it this way prevents any sort of connectivity with the network.

They already did, however it is a temporary ban.

Hopefully Microsoft doesn't ban his console because Target made a mistake. That would suck.

Lets realize now that it seems that anyone getting a ps4 early will also not be able to access psn. 

Effectively, they will be banned from the online service, just like the ban to xbl that this guy got. Who knows what kind of message a user will get on the ps4, but really, its not that big of a deal.

Now can we all admit that this stuff is a little overblown and move on?

Yeah, MS is doing right by him.

Maybe people can calm down now. Sheesh

If people didn't kick up a fuss things like what Munky posted wouldn't happen.

Would you rather protect your company or see good things come from ###### situations? (rhetorical question).

If people didn't kick up a fuss things like what Munky posted wouldn't happen.

Would you rather protect your company or see good things come from ****ty situations? (rhetorical question).

Really ? it wouldn't ? so you have this incredible ability to see into alternate timelines ?

or in other words. that's an unsubstantiated claim. and based on MS previous history they would have done the same without the media coverage, in fact the probably would have created the media coverage if it didn't already exist to highlight how they invited him to the launch event to make up for targets mistake. 

Contrary to some peoples opinion, MS like most companies likes to take care of their customers. 

• Like 1