Target ships Xbox One 14 days early

Really ? it wouldn't ? so you have this incredible ability to see into alternate timelines ?

or in other words. that's an unsubstantiated claim. and based on MS previous history they would have done the same without the media coverage, in fact the probably would have created the media coverage if it didn't already exist to highlight how they invited him to the launch event to make up for targets mistake. 

Contrary to some peoples opinion, MS like most companies likes to take care of their customers. 

Didn't you know I was a superhero? I'll fly by your house tomorrow and say hi.

If people didn't kick up a fuss things like what Munky posted wouldn't happen.

Would you rather protect your company or see good things come from ****ty situations? (rhetorical question).

The guy didn't need an internet defense force to come to his aid, he could've worked it out on his own.  This wasn't one of those issues where a shitstorm on the internet would change things, maybe speed them up but in the end he'd still be waiting for the 22nd to get back on the service. 

Looks like Major Nelson/MS have taken the damage control further and invited @Moonlightswami to the launch event. "Details on it are classified." :rofl:

Jesus, let it go. They're just doing right by the gamer. Its not damage control. Contrary to popular belief the people that work at large companies want to do right by their customers. I know because I work for a large IT company that gets nonsense spread about it pretty often. People like MN and others probably feel pretty crappy that this happened to this gamer and they're just making it right. The way you keep bringing this stuff up and talking about it, its like a five year old.

• Like 1

he'd still be waiting for the 22nd to get back on the service. 

except for the fact that its already been stated that he'll have it back before then...

Jesus, let it go. They're just doing right by the gamer. Its not damage control. Contrary to popular belief the people that work at large companies want to do right by their customers. I know because I work for a large IT company that gets nonsense spread about it pretty often. People like MN and others probably feel pretty crappy that this happened to this gamer and they're just making it right.

I'm just posting the recent developments that I happened to see posted online? I'm not hung up on it.

If people didn't kick up a fuss things like what Munky posted wouldn't happen.

Would you rather protect your company or see good things come from ****ty situations? (rhetorical question).

Wait, how do you know that?

Are you assuming that MS would have done something to make it worse instead?

Sony and MS seem to both be blocking early users from connecting to their online services. The only difference is that MS didn't immediately block xbl access. The guy had access for a few hours and then was banned from it.

His gamertag was not banned, just the console.

Also, its one thing to say bring this up to discuss, but some were going way over the top.

I do agree that its nice to see good things happen for the user.

Yes, you are, you've made that quite clear.

I'm really not but I'm not going round in circles with you on the matter either, so feel free to have the final say on the matter.

except for the fact that its already been stated that he'll have it back before then...

That's right, forgot, but it's a bit before then, not right now.   It could just as well be the 20th for all we know.

Doesn't change the fact digital only isn't viable for everyone.. even in first world countries.

Sorry if I don't care :p whenever I go next-gen, going all digital, all the time.

Just can't help yourself :p

He knows I'm joking ;) But seriously, take a look over there once in a while. It won't hurt, I promise :P I assumed all of you had already seen the photos or I would have posted them myself. There's more btw so take a look. All the built in gamerpics have been posted and some screens of what installing games looks like too.

He knows I'm joking ;) But seriously, take a look over there once in a while. It won't hurt, I promise :p I assumed all of you had already seen the photos or I would have posted them myself. There's more btw so take a look. All the built in gamerpics have been posted and some screens of what installing games looks like too.

I do follow there, just discussing the screens that are here. Should I have made a joke about how this is 'old' news to point out that I follow neogaf? :laugh:

Remember, I said I follow it among several other places.

I do follow there, just discussing the screens that are here. Should I have made a joke about how this is 'old' news to point out that I follow neogaf? :laugh:

Remember, I said I follow it among several other places.

By all means, go ahead ;)

Kind of wish I pre-ordered from Target now :p instead of from the Microsoft Store's online site. None-the-less, pretty excited for November 22nd.

Apparently the pre-order target page he managed to use was up for like a minute or something. Guess that's how it lead to the error.

Apparently the pre-order target page he managed to use was up for like a minute or something. Guess that's how it lead to the error.

Lucky man. I'm going to be at Mall of America the weekend the X1 launches...i will be visiting the MS store for sure as I'm not getting a console at launch.