xbox xbox one

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#16 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:29

Hmm, he didn't post BF4 game size, guess that's not available yet.

#17 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:36

His Twitter says day one update is 500MB.

Really, you have to download a 500mb update to get the Xbox one to work, that is totally ridiculous. Think about all the kids on Christmas day who are all excited to open their Xbox one up and start playing games and then have to wait for a freaking 500mb update to download to play a game. Thats pretty bad if you ask me. The same with the ps4 I don't know why Sony and Microsoft doesn't put the update in the consoles before shipping to save gamers/customers the inconvenience. I have never heard of such a thing, having to download a update to use a game console, it makes no sense and is quite strange.

#18 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:36

That was the worst unboxing video I've ever seen.

#19 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:45

I remember getting a 360 about a week early through a contest from Pepsi, it was neat, I had people over etc. But in the end I sold it about 6 months later due to the lack of games (good games during the launch period of most consoles are always scarce). I heard back later from the guy who bought it that it ended up RRODed :/

#20 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:46

The same with the ps4 I don't know why Sony and Microsoft doesn't put the update in the consoles before shipping to save gamers/customers the inconvenience. I have never heard of such a thing, having to download a bizarre update to use a game console, it makes no sense.

Someone failed economics.

1) Why do companies exist? To make money

2) Which months are the busiest shopping months out of the entire year? November and December

3) How does mass production work? Workers produce, assemble, and package a product in mass quantities which takes time.

4) How do stores have a product in stock for it's release date? The product is shipped weeks in advance to distributors/warehouses who then ship to the stores. Shipping takes time.

Now kids, what can we learn from this bit of information?

#21 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:48

Someone failed economics.

1) Why do companies exist? To make money

2) Which months are the busiest shopping months out of the entire year? November and December

2a) When would be the best time to release a hot new product? November through December

3) How does mass production work? Factories produce and assemble a product, usually long before a product's release date to ensure there is enough time to produce sufficient quantities.

Now kids, what can we learn from this bit of information?

I don't understand what you are talking about, I am talking about an update.

#22 +scumdogmillionaire

scumdogmillionaire

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:53

His response was convoluted and could have been simplified. Short answer, they had a target date to deliver by and the software wasn't finished yet.

#23 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:53

I don't know why Sony and Microsoft doesn't put the update in the consoles before shipping to save gamers/customers the inconvenience

Let me add: Software was still being developed.

#24 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:54

I suggest people who got it early to not plug it online. MS might ban those consoles.

#25 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: WP8

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:55

That's craziness.. 40GB for COD Ghosts.. those kind of downloads are why a digitial only idea would never work.  If I downloaded 2 games I'd be at 70% of my usage.. that doesn't include usage from streaming netflix, etc.  I would only be able to get 1 game per month digitially. 

All of Canada is like this.. I actually have higher b/w than standard packages offer.

So you're not paying $45 for an unlimited* teksavvy package like me then?

*supposed to be 300GB plus whatever overnight but usage tracking is broken so it's unlimited

#26 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:57

Really, you have to download a 500mb update to get the Xbox one to work, that is totally ridiculous. Think about all the kids on Christmas day who are all excited to open their Xbox one up and start playing games and then have to wait for a freaking 500mb update to download to play a game. Thats pretty bad if you ask me. The same with the ps4 I don't know why Sony and Microsoft doesn't put the update in the consoles before shipping to save gamers/customers the inconvenience. I have never heard of such a thing, having to download a update to use a game console, it makes no sense and is quite strange.

the initial firmware is flashed at manufacturing. they didn't have enough time to complete and test the non drm firmware before mass production began, so it didn't make the cut.

#27 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:57

If you can't understand why from what you said in bold and my response, then god speed bro because I have no clue how you survived to adulthood.

No need for personal attacks

#28 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:00

the initial firmware is flashed at manufacturing. they didn't have enough time to complete and test the non drm firmware before mass production began, so it didn't make the cut.

Thanks for explaining but still I don't understand why you need to download an update for your console to work, sounds fishy

#29 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:00

So you're not paying $45 for an unlimited* teksavvy package like me then?

*supposed to be 300GB plus whatever overnight but usage tracking is broken so it's unlimited

lol at broken metering. probably broken speed caps too

I was about to say, even in the burbs you can get teksavvy with unlimited plans.

#30 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:01

Wonder if you can even get the Day 1 update yet. If not, he'll be disappointed lol.

No kidding. 14 days of staring at a brick. Would defeat the whole point of getting it early. :p