Photo

Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#136 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,750 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 15 November 2013 - 17:01

^ The best choice for them to make was to back off the pursuit and pick him up later. They chose differently and a young man died for pathetic reasons.  It's sad, but eh, that's what happens in violent cultures.

For the most part I agree with you but I wasn't there. When someone is acting that way, it could be irresponsible to let them loose on civilians. Generally, if you will assault police, you couldn't care less about untrained defenseless civilians. That's why we have to be able to trust law enforcement.

You have to remember cops are just dudes who like guns, maybe always wanted to wear a badge, they get scared, are aware of their mortality, and have families they want to make it home to. He wasn't de-escalating (going solely buy what I read).

I have no problem with American police having more concern for the innocent than the well being of the offender. What if a child is crossing the street nearby and they just let him speed off and in his delirium, he runs the child over? Just a hypothetical, like I said, I wasn't there.

#137 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,128 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 17:08

No, you get a grip.  Just because you're pro guns, doesn't make this right.  The guy is dead for no reason.  It's over the top, and it should be a homicide.

No reason at all.

He was just sitting on his couch knitting a sweater and the cops murdered him.

Its not like he was ramming other vehicles with a truck and using it as a weapon, right?

#138 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,948 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:15

No reason at all.

He was just sitting on his couch knitting a sweater and the cops murdered him.

Its not like he was ramming other vehicles with a truck and using it as a weapon, right?

He didn't deserve to die for that.

#139 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:40

For the most part I agree with you but I wasn't there. 

I try to keep this in mind as we are discussing this. It's easy to make the call this side of the occurrence. I might have an entirely different perspective on things if I had been there.

#140 rippleman

rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,686 posts
  • Phone: s4

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:41

He didn't deserve to die for that.

i don't think people think he should die for that, its more about "how do we stop this guy from killing somone with a 5,000 pound machine"... this wasn't a punishment move, it was a preventive move...