@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting PS4 before launch

Good Guy Yoshida (Y)

So you are so hell bent on posting more pro playstation/anti xbox propaganda that you're entire post consists of 1 single link and that's it?

Verging on spam.

If that's what you take away from this, it speaks more about your mentality than AB's. Many people might be worried after today's news Sony would do the same. Sony have said they won't and now people are safe in the knowledge they can do what they like (as should be the case for X1), and you can play without being banned.

Good Guy Yoshida (Y)

If that's what you take away from this, it speaks more about your mentality than AB's. Many people might be worried after today's news Sony would do the same. Sony have said they won't and now people are safe in the knowledge they can do what they like (as should be the case for X1), and you can play without being banned.

and Major Nelson has reached out to the guy in question to sort his console out. Just another badMS/goodSony opportunity for nothing.

Sony at this point is just flaming the console wars, they wait for Microsoft do something "bad" and say they would do the opposite.

Can't blame them though, working out for them so far.

• Like 3

and Major Nelson has reached out to the guy in question to sort his console out. Just another badMS/goodSony opportunity for nothing.

It shouldn't have happened in the first place. Major Nelson is getting involved because he's damage controlling. Contrary to what some believe on Neowin, there has been a backlash. Nothing like DRM levels of backlash, but it's there nonetheless.

If you guys want to turn it into a bad MS / good Sony thing then that's your doing, not AB's. Sony are just telling people you won't be banned for playing your PS4 early. Simple.

• Like 4

So you are so hell bent on posting more pro playstation/anti xbox propaganda that you're entire post consists of 1 single link and that's it?

Verging on spam.

Here, I've fluffed it up just for you,

Breaking PS4 News

Today is the 9th of November 2013. It's quite mild outside and it seems like a spot of rain may be on the way. You better get thinking about Christmas shopping soon if you want to beat the rush, that is our tip of the day.

Moving on, Sony Playstation president Shuhei Yoshida, a Japanese man if you haven't guessed has told us something on Twitter.

Twitter member Jahermon asked president Yoshida if he connected his PS4 to PSN before the EU release date of the 29th of November, would his console be banned? Some gamers online expect to be banned, and say it is part of the T&C, and rightfully so the gamers fault and not stores for selling early.

Whether or not you agree with this is prime time discussion for the comments section below.

Yoshida replied to twitter member Jahermon with a response of "no". At first we could ask what does he mean with such a short response? No bagels left in the kitchen today? Still no DNLA plans for launch? However being sensible about the matter, its clear he means no ban for connecting early.

There you have it guys, Sony will not ban you for connecting early, and you've had a good time reading all these words to find that out.

It shouldn't have happened in the first place. Major Nelson is getting involved because he's damage controlling. Contrary to what some believe on Neowin, there has been a backlash. Nothing like DRM levels of backlash, but it's there nonetheless.

If you guys want to turn it into a bad MS / good Sony thing then that's your doing, not AB's. Sony are just telling people you won't be banned for playing your PS4 early. Simple.

There's been a small backlash in niche communities. Contrary to what you think, there isn't really a backlash in the grand scheme of things.

And good for Sony. That's how it should be.

Good Guy Yoshida (Y)

I used to cringe every time someone from Sony would open their mouth. This year has really been different for Sony.

Yoshida has been pretty clear cut in his responses to the public, with his "yes" and "no" responses. Maybe not the most beautiful of replies, but I can certainly appreciate someone giving me a straight answer versus a paragraph of wishy-washy jargon providing a backdoor for escape if they cannot do it. (Blizzard for instance hates to promise anything because of how often they change their minds)

301,000+ views on GAF - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711673

MS will reverse it now, Sony got some free PR and let us know not to worry, no one loses. If you think this will be the only case of early hardware getting into people's hands you're mistaken. PS4 launch is 6 days away, I fully expect consoles to be getting into peoples hands starting monday next week.

There's been a small backlash in niche communities. Contrary to what you think, there isn't really a backlash in the grand scheme of things.

And good for Sony. That's how it should be.

I didn't put a number on the size of scale, and I really don't care to judge it that way either. I simply said there has been backlash and there has. If you want to call the biggest gaming forum on the internet a niche, then that's your opinion. Either way it doesn't really matter and the fact is Sony are settling worries they'll not do the same.

301,000+ views on GAF - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711673

MS will reverse it now, Sony got some free PR and let us know not to worry, no one loses. If you think this will be the only case of early hardware getting into people's hands you're mistaken. PS4 launch is 6 days away, I fully expect consoles to be getting into peoples hands starting monday next week.

+1.

I didn't put a number on the size of scale, and I really don't care to judge it that way either. I simply said there has been backlash and there has. If you want to call the biggest gaming forum on the internet a niche, then that's your opinion. Either way it doesn't really matter and the fact is Sony are settling worries they'll not do the same.

+1.

Fair enough, though I doubt most of the tens of millions of people that will buy these consoles know what GAF is (I assume that's what you're talking about), so it is niche in that respect. Hell I only really know what it is because AB keeps posting stuff from there in this forum :p

Fair enough, though I doubt most of the tens of millions of people that will buy these consoles know what GAF is (I assume that's what you're talking about), so it is niche in that respect. Hell I only really know what it is because AB keeps posting stuff from there in this forum :p

True, but the sad part of it is, many of them do know what E3 is and some are still citing what was said at E3 as if nothing has changed since then. :pinch:

Hell, I won't lie, I'm still learning new things about the XBO myself.

True, but the sad part of it is, many of them do know what E3 is and some are still citing what was said at E3 as if nothing has changed since then. :pinch:

Yeah I believe that, and its unfortunate. Should go away soon after launch and millions of consoles are out in the wild.

Wow, you guys really need to chill out.

Sony was able to score some pr points very cheaply thanks to MS banning consoles that have connected to XBL early. 

MS probably does this automatically.  I doubt there is some guy sitting around that watches twitter and then bans a guy.  They probably have a running check on XBL that registers any users that shouldn't be there right now.  That info is passed along and a ban is pushed.

Once word got to MS that the bans were affect legit customers from say Target and not say someone that has gotten a console in less than honorable ways, they reached out to these guys.

• Like 4

I agree it shouldn't have happened but ###### happens in pre-release stuff. It is probably like his console got bumped off due to some white-list they have (similar to how they have for dash previews).

Don't try to defend AB and his behavior on these forums. You won't go very far with that.

I agree it shouldn't have happened but **** happens in pre-release stuff. It is probably like his console got bumped off due to some white-list they have (similar to how they have for dash previews).

Don't try to defend AB and his behavior on these forums. You won't go very far with that.

He didn't even say anything and he was accused of ****? So yes I'm going to defend him. I'd have done the same if it was anyone else I was friends with in any sub-forum.

Like I said, if you read more into this than Sony settling fears, then you are the one who has issues.

Oh geez, come on.

AB didn't do anything wrong.  Whatever you think his motives were is irrelevant.  Not only can you not prove that, all you do by pushing it is make you look silly.

This thread should be dead right now.  Its a nothing topic.  Sony said they wont ban anyone that accesses psn early, that's it.

The only part of this that involves MS is the fact that the question was asked precisely because MS banned someone.  This is not a shot against MS. MS has nothing to be shot for.  They banned someone and then a few hours later they reach out to them to fix it.  Has nothing to do with Sony.

To be fair, all that Sony said was, "no"

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Any other assumptions being made, as if Sony's trying to cash in on some PR or whatever when all that's happened is Yoshida answering a question off Twitter is just silly.

Exactly, this was just a response to a question. Moving on.