@Yosp: Sony won't ban you for connecting PS4 before launch

Jesus, both are the same thing. MS and Sony are both blocking access to their on-line networks to new consoles. Suddenly a two letter reply to a Tweet gets this much attention... really? Shiiiii.....

Its a console ban, not gamertag. In effect, all ps4's an x1's are banned from psn and xbl as of this moment.

MS' only mistake was to actually allow xbl access for a few hours instead of having a block already in place already. Does this really need to continue?

There was absolutely no reason for it to have occurred. As I pointed out, Sony and Steam already have policies in place yet Microsoft didn't. It reeks of incompetence and while it certainly isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things it has damaged Microsoft's reputation unnecessarily.

There was absolutely no reason for it to have occurred. As I pointed out, Sony and Steam already have policies in place yet Microsoft didn't. It reeks of incompetence and while it certainly isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things it has damaged Microsoft's reputation unnecessarily.

I really don't get the need to crucify MS over this, but hey, it seems to be choice of many people online.

Its a prerelease issue that happened due to a Target mistake.

We could be talking about the ps4 being close to launch and all the leaks, but no, this topic gets out of hand.

Its down right hilarious how some on the internet are blowing this whole thing up.  Talk about trolling on a large scale.  In effect, anyone getting their ps4 early is 'banned' from psn until launch is you believe the quote in this thread that it will be inaccessible. Same goes for the X1. 

We haven't heard of anyone accessing psn early yet, so if turns out to be blocked, then in effect, Sony was ahead of MS in preparing for the possibility.  MS actually had not implemented an auto block and so the guy gets on XBL and uses it, then is banned from XBL access after they discover it.

Its all much ado about nothing.

This. Microsoft did the exact same thing that Sony is doing. The only thing should have been "the" news out of this is whole mess is the fact that Xbox Live is in perfect condition against all the doom&gloom rumors in last few weeks.

-The OS works like a charm (against rumor of completely broken OS)

-Snap works (against rumor of it crashing the whole box)

-Xbox Live works, marketplace, updates etc.

I would love to get to see a complete demo of the UI, especially how things work while playing a game, minus the psn stuff of course.

Hopefully any early users can at least download the day one update so we get some info on how that works and what it changes. The X1 leaks told us useful info regarding that along with game sizes.

This thread is golden. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711880

That dude really delivered. :laugh:

Microsoft didn't ban the user but temp-banned the console from connecting. How is this incompetence when Sony is doing the same thing?

Technically Sony haven't banned anyone, they just don't let anyone connect. It's like saying Blizzard banned every D3 owner before launch. Some very broken terminology going around here.

But wait, I might be getting too hung up here so I'll go lay down for a while. Sorry "usual suspects" ;)

Technically Sony haven't banned anyone, they just don't let anyone connect. It's like saying Blizzard banned every D3 owner before launch. Some very broken terminology going around here.

But wait, I might be getting too hung up here so I'll go lay down for a while. Sorry "usual suspects" ;)

Good idea.

Come on now, don't tell me you think this is an issue. The end result for both is the same, just different terms.

I see you came up with a catch phrase: "usual suspects"

Pretty good, but I have to say that mine "another negative topic" was alright as well :laugh:

• Like 1

Come on now, don't tell me you think this is an issue. The end result for both is the same, just different terms.

I see you came up with a catch phrase: "usual suspects"

Pretty good, but I have to say that mine "another negative topic" was alright as well :laugh:

I stole it from someone who used it to refer to myself and AB I think. Forget who it was.

I'm just chuffed I have my own little fan club I can call like a dog and they come barking though :laugh:

I stole it from someone who used it to refer to myself and AB I think. Forget who it was.

I'm just chuffed I have my own little fan club I can call like a dog and they come barking though :laugh:

Lawl, you think pretty highly of yourself even while acting like a child as of late. If you were as high and mighty as you think you wouldn't bother with stupid quips like that. Must be nice though ;)

• Like 1

I just don't enjoy the 'game' as much as you do I guess :laugh:

Lawl, you think pretty highly of yourself even while acting like a child as of late. If you were as high and mighty as you think you wouldn't bother with stupid quips like that. Must be nice though ;)

He is just trolling for fun.

Anyone that engages him is just falling into the trap :laugh:

So if you don't like it, ignore it and stick to the topic.

• Like 1

I know I shouldn't. Its just too good to pass up sometimes.

At any rate, come launch, everyone will be able to play their consoles online and that should be good enough for everyone here at this point.

I'm honestly not trolling though. I'm having a laugh with you guys and some are smart enough to see that, others not. In all honesty though, if I make a post that doesn't mention people by name nor giving them response notifications and a few minutes later they turn up, I think that says it all. They are like flies to ###### when it comes to my comments on Neowin these days. Sometimes not even reading a topic and just jumping on my posts when they think I'm insulting their favourite console.

Gets pretty boring so I guess I'll just come up with stories like having a fanclub to get through the day ;)

I'm honestly not trolling though. I'm having a laugh with you guys and some are smart enough to see that, others not. In all honesty though, if I make a post that doesn't mention people by name nor giving them response notifications and a few minutes later they turn up, I think that says it all. They are like flies to **** when it comes to my comments on Neowin these days. Sometimes not even reading a topic and just jumping on my posts when they think I'm insulting their favourite console.

Gets pretty boring so I guess I'll just come up with stories like having a fanclub to get through the day ;)

Hey, your cracking me up with this stuff.

Trolling is joking around like this. Your trolling for people to take you on and sit back and watch.

It doesn't make you a troll, that would happen if that is all you posted. As you said, you get bored and this is the result :laugh:

• Like 1

The only thing should have been "the" news out of this is whole mess is the fact that Xbox Live is in perfect condition against all the doom&gloom rumors in last few weeks.

-The OS works like a charm (against rumor of completely broken OS)

-Snap works (against rumor of it crashing the whole box)

-Xbox Live works, marketplace, updates etc.

you're telling me those fakers on neogaf are full of ######? I'm shocked.

• Like 2

There are plenty of Sony fanboys. But here I have seen some extreme fanboys who will hump and like any sentence which favors Microsoft.

Sony's strategy this year is wait and watch. Wait for Microsoft to do something obviously stupid and then make sure they do completely opposite of it. Simple strategy but is working bloody well at the moment.

But Sony is Sony. The same company who has tried to shove down their customer's throats horrible forms of DRM in the past.

That's nice of Sony. :) Wonder if Microsoft will do the with the same with the early Target shipments of Xbox One's.

I would have thought so, afterall it's not Microsoft's fault directly, the purchases were legitimate, if anything, I'd say target screwed up on that one.