7 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know if whatever device (TV, receiver, cable box) you plug into the Xbox One can the console control those devices? If I say "Xbox On" will it turn on the Xbox, TV and receiver?

Posted

Does anyone know if whatever device (TV, receiver, cable box) you plug into the Xbox One can the console control those devices? If I say "Xbox On" will it turn on the Xbox, TV and receiver?

Yes. Kinect is an IR blaster, so you can control all your other devices with voice commands.

Posted

Right on.

I guess I'll see on launch day what the One is truly capable of regarding controling other devices.

Posted

Be sure to let us know how it performs. Beware things will keep getting better thru software updates; but I'm still curious what it's capable of, out of the box.

Posted

I love this feature, but I tend to completely unplug everything but the TiVo box when not in use so in reality this won't do much for me :(

Posted

I love this feature, but I tend to completely unplug everything but the TiVo box when not in use so in reality this won't do much for me :(

Why do you do that? o_O mind is blown

Posted

Why do you do that? o_O mind is blown

Hahaha, because its the most efficient way to keep my utility bills down. I know it probably saves me very little but in today's world, every penny counts!