Question

Hey everyone,

I must admit, I am not much of a creative, but I have a project I'm working on which is needing me to flex the old Photoshop muscle. I'm hoping for some feedback and some pointers on the login page design that I've attached.

There are 2 particular pieces of feedback I'm looking for. First is color scheme. I've included the important part of the logo (and pixellated the rest - this one is a bit of a secret right now) so you can see the colors being worked with. I'm very "in the middle" with the scheme right now. I don't think it looks BAD, but I'm thinking there's room for improvement. All suggestions welcomed.

Equally, I feel like the very bland and boring beige background to the login block is rather boring. Any thoughts on putting a pattern in there? Any suggestions on what might look good?

All feedback gratefully received.

kinetix63

8 answers to this question

And for full disclosure - this was very much created by following a tutorial. So I can't claim credit for most of the look here. It definitely needs some tweaking and all suggestions on where are gratefully received :)

The site is going with a flat design but the logo is not so it feels out of place. I will try to match the burgundy color more closely to the colors use on the logo or maybe just use black for the top header.

Color is okay. May want to tine down the vivid of the color and of more of a natural feel. More work on the negative spacing.

Seems reasonable, you've got to remember what context the site will be used in. If it's aimed at business/professional users then this colour scheme looks great, for casual users and the general public it may need changing, but it's otherwise fine :)

And as mentioned above, it needs a "Remember me" checkbox.