Bandwidth from CPU to GPU on PS4 and XBox One?

Saw diagrams of the system schematics for the Xbox One and the PS4 today and It shows the bus speed from the CPU to the GPU on the PS4 is 10GB/s and on the Xbox One it is 30GB/s. That seems like a huge difference when it comes to offloading anything to the GPU, would this cause a bottleneck on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One since it is three times faster?

I've see people judging the internal aesthetics of the two consoles' logic boards and whatnot (like the recent PS4 dissembling video). I could admit that Sony probably didn't have enough time to work on the drivers and whatnot either. Maybe 10GB/s is just a current limit. BUT, I believe in the Xbox One's design and optimization being more sophisticated.

I've see people judging the internal aesthetics of the two consoles' logic boards and whatnot (like the recent PS4 dissembling video). I could admit that Sony probably didn't have enough time to work on the drivers and whatnot either. Maybe 10GB/s is just a current limit. BUT, I believe in the Xbox One's design and optimization being more sophisticated.

Could be, the original schematic actually had it at 12GB/s but the latest show it at 10GB/s. I know Microsoft is really into AMP and offloading calculations so maybe they just needed it more than Sony does. Plus Kinect calculations I believe are handed off to the GPU as well which might have been a consideration.

Could be, the original schematic actually had it at 12GB/s but the latest show it at 10GB/s. I know Microsoft is really into AMP and offloading calculations so maybe they just needed it more than Sony does. Plus Kinect calculations I believe are handed off to the GPU as well which might have been a consideration.

The fact that Kinect has it's own processors. I wonder if the camera is actually helping the Xbox One.

It doesnt really matter tbh cus ya cant change it, its obviously needed otherwise they wouldnt of done it so think its prolly best to leave this topic alone before it turns into another slanging match

It doesnt really matter tbh cus ya cant change it, its obviously needed otherwise they wouldnt of done it so think its prolly best to leave this topic alone before it turns into another slanging match

What..

What..

the whole PS4 vs x1 thing even innocent topics like this get turned into something else at some point and i think everyone is tired of it now. bin going on for to long, the sony defence force wont be far behind

Reading more it seems that main advantage of this extra bandwidth for the CPU is for using hUMA which is a unified memory system that let's both the CPU and GPU use the same memory. Microsoft isn't actually using AMD version of hUMA but incorporated their own version. Interestingly the reason hUMA was created was for dynamically updating large textures while using only a small amount of memory, which is pretty much exactly the feature added to DirectX11.X in Tiled Resources is.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the buses from what I can tell.

DDR3 to GPU is 68GB/s

esRAM to GPU is 206GB/s

DDR3 to CPU is 30GB/s

esRAM to CPU is 30GB/s

On PS4 it would be

DDR5 to GPU is 178GB/s

DDR5 to CPU is 10GB/s

On paper this seems like a huge advantage for the Xbox One when both the CPU and GPU are working together, or do I have it all wrong?