Amazon, USPS team up to deliver on Sundays

NEW YORK ?  Amazon says it is teaming up with the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays.

The Seattle company says Sunday delivery will be available to Amazon Prime members in the New York and Los Angeles metropolitan areas at first. Amazon and the Postal Service plan to roll out service to "a large portion of the U.S. population" next year, including Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, and Phoenix.

Amazon Prime membership costs $79 a year. Members get free two-day shipping on millions of items on the site and access to Amazon's TV and movie streaming service. Amazon.com Inc. says members can add eligible items to their carts and will see Sunday delivery at checkout when it is available.

Shares of Amazon slipped 81 cents to $349.50 in premarket trading.

source

i actually think that this could be Very helpful for USPS to get more business i hope it pans out for them. But Saturday package delivery would be nice as well. (they don't do Saturday delivery in my area)

Exactly what I thought at first...

fry.PNG?1307468855

USPS states they have no money, wants to cut Saturdays or other days, but they are OK doing Sundays.............They can't make that much money off of it to pay for everything for that sunday alone.  

Well obviously they'd only deliver where and when needed. it's not like they are gonna have people on standby sitting around all day waiting for someone to buy something from Amazon so it can get delivered.

I'd imagine the latest is Friday for Sunday delivery. Saturday delivery is already available for NYC and such.

• 2 weeks later...

USPS states they have no money, wants to cut Saturdays or other days, but they are OK doing Sundays.............They can't make that much money off of it to pay for everything for that sunday alone.  

I'm sure the USPS is going to limit Sunday delivery to major cities with a high demand for this. ;)

This will likely tie in with the USPS Priority Mail Express with Amazon covering the extra fee for Sunday deliveries instead of us paying for it, might work well for both