11 posts in this topic

Posted

NEW YORK

Posted

Somehow with the current state of the USPS, I don't see this change coming unless Amazon is paying big for it.

Posted

I'd love that, Sunday is a sweet day to be getting new toys to play with since its usually boring day anyways. :)

Posted

i actually think that this could be Very helpful for USPS to get more business i hope it pans out for them. But Saturday package delivery would be nice as well. (they don't do Saturday delivery in my area)

Posted

Exactly what I thought at first...

fry.PNG?1307468855

USPS states they have no money, wants to cut Saturdays or other days, but they are OK doing Sundays.............They can't make that much money off of it to pay for everything for that sunday alone.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Well obviously they'd only deliver where and when needed. it's not like they are gonna have people on standby sitting around all day waiting for someone to buy something from Amazon so it can get delivered.

I'd imagine the latest is Friday for Sunday delivery. Saturday delivery is already available for NYC and such.

Posted

USPS states they have no money, wants to cut Saturdays or other days, but they are OK doing Sundays.............They can't make that much money off of it to pay for everything for that sunday alone.  

I'm sure the USPS is going to limit Sunday delivery to major cities with a high demand for this. ;)

Posted

That's a huge benefit for the USPS. Sunday shipping for UPS and Fedex costs insane amounts of money.

Posted

I used the Saturday delivery option the other day thinking it was going to be sent by USPS but was sent by FedEx. 

Posted

This will likely tie in with the USPS Priority Mail Express with Amazon covering the extra fee for Sunday deliveries instead of us paying for it, might work well for both 

Posted

I don't see this happening in many rural areas, though. Unless you pay extra for it.