usa twitter thayer notice #obamacarefail

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,533 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:36

KISS lead guitarist Tommy Thayer is breathing fire – this time it’s on Twitter. Seems Thayer, who joined the band in ’03, got some bad news in the mail about his health care plan that could make it a bit harder for him to rock-n-roll all night…and party every day.

Tommy Thayer ?@tommy_thayer28m

"If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it, period." Not true. I just got notice mine's cancelled 12/31. #ObamaCareFail

Fans wrote to him about their experiences, including one who said: “When @tommy_thayer needs to scramble and figure out his family's health care, what hope is there for the rest of us!? Ughh!”

source

#2 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,748 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:40

Just wait until it hits businesses next year

#3 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 4,870 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:42

post-10420-Thanks-Obama-cheetos-gif-tbOm

#4 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:45

The republicans were right all along, Obamacare is not good all and most be abolished

#5 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,533 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:47

I thought all celebs were opted out. :p

#6 _dandy_

_dandy_

Neowinian Senior

• 2,867 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 17:48

This then begs the question, what sort of ###### health plan was he on to begin with?  Name and shame, I say.

#7 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,883 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 18:55

This then begs the question, what sort of ****ty health plan was he on to begin with?  Name and shame, I say.

They are only cancelling plans that do not comply with the new rules in Obamacare because the plan has been upgraded to a newer version. Think like when a cellphone company has new plans. That said, the government should of allowed those currently on non qualifying plans to be grandfathered in until they closed the health insurance plan or stopped paying.

#8 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,385 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 19:34

A large number of "non-compliant" plans are that way because Obama & Co. insisted on a one size fits all plan instead of a suite of tailored plans. A single man may well have had a plan that didn't include coverages he would never use. Now he has to buy them, so his tailored, cheaper, plan gets cancelled and he's stuck paying for services he doesn't want or need.

#9 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,883 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 21:04

A large number of "non-compliant" plans are that way because Obama & Co. insisted on a one size fits all plan instead of a suite of tailored plans. A single man may well have had a plan that didn't include coverages he would never use. Now he has to buy them, so his tailored, cheaper, plan gets cancelled and he's stuck paying for services he doesn't want or need.

Name 6 examples.

#10 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,385 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:14

"If you like your plan, you can keep it, period."
--Barack Obama, dozens of instances

Single men who have had theirs cancelled for noncompliance because of this-

http://m.washingtonp...nsurance-plans/

This is why Obamacare is canceling some people’s insurance plans
>
So why is this happening right now?

Some -- or maybe even most -- of the plans offered on the individual insurance market right now don't meet certain requirements in the health-care law. They may not offer preventive care without co-payment, for example, or leave out coverage of maternity care, one of the health-care law's 10 essential benefits.
>

They bought targeted plans to save money and now they are screwed. Promise broken - elephant memory mode engaged.

#11 _dandy_

_dandy_

Neowinian Senior

• 2,867 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:26

They are only cancelling plans that do not comply with the new rules in Obamacare because the plan has been upgraded to a newer version.

That's kinda my point.  This guy can probably afford any plan whatsoever, so why was he on a plan that doesn't comply?

#12 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,385 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:33

Because many single men don't buy features they don't need. See above.

#13 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,216 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:35

Isn't that health insurance in general? My healthcare plans have always covered stuff I may never need. Such as substance abuse counseling (I don't smoke cigs, consume illegal drugs, or drink alcoholic beverages) and care... That doesn't mean these things shouldn't be offered, especially with some base level.

I'm not a major proponent of the law (which is for another conversation), but to argue that the insurance isn't tailored to the individual is disingenuous as no insurance is. The whole point of it is to have more people paying into it than who actually need to avail themselves of its services.

#14 webdev511

webdev511

Neowinian

• 221 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:37

Because many single men don't buy features they don't need. See above.

Um, isn't he married?

#15 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,385 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:06

There are 10 criteria that can cause it, and then there's "The Promise." Ask George H. W. Bush what happened when he broke one. Obama may not run again, but key members of his own party are already running for cover- including 15 Senators in center-right or conservative states who are up in 2014.