KISS guitarist's Health Insurance cancelled

KISS lead guitarist Tommy Thayer is breathing fire ? this time it?s on Twitter. Seems Thayer, who joined the band in ?03, got some bad news in the mail about his health care plan that could make it a bit harder for him to rock-n-roll all night?and party every day.

Tommy Thayer ?@tommy_thayer28m

"If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it, period." Not true. I just got notice mine's cancelled 12/31. #ObamaCareFail

Fans wrote to him about their experiences, including one who said: ?When @tommy_thayer needs to scramble and figure out his family's health care, what hope is there for the rest of us!? Ughh!?

source

The republicans were right all along, Obamacare is not good all and most be abolished

This then begs the question, what sort of ****ty health plan was he on to begin with?  Name and shame, I say.

They are only cancelling plans that do not comply with the new rules in Obamacare because the plan has been upgraded to a newer version. Think like when a cellphone company has new plans. That said, the government should of allowed those currently on non qualifying plans to be grandfathered in until they closed the health insurance plan or stopped paying.

A large number of "non-compliant" plans are that way because Obama & Co. insisted on a one size fits all plan instead of a suite of tailored plans. A single man may well have had a plan that didn't include coverages he would never use. Now he has to buy them, so his tailored, cheaper, plan gets cancelled and he's stuck paying for services he doesn't want or need.

A large number of "non-compliant" plans are that way because Obama & Co. insisted on a one size fits all plan instead of a suite of tailored plans. A single man may well have had a plan that didn't include coverages he would never use. Now he has to buy them, so his tailored, cheaper, plan gets cancelled and he's stuck paying for services he doesn't want or need.

Name 6 examples.

"If you like your plan, you can keep it, period."

--Barack Obama, dozens of instances

Single men who have had theirs cancelled for noncompliance because of this-

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/29/this-is-why-obamacare-is-cancelling-some-peoples-insurance-plans/

This is why Obamacare is canceling some people?s insurance plans

>

So why is this happening right now?

Some -- or maybe even most -- of the plans offered on the individual insurance market right now don't meet certain requirements in the health-care law. They may not offer preventive care without co-payment, for example, or leave out coverage of maternity care, one of the health-care law's 10 essential benefits.

>

They bought targeted plans to save money and now they are screwed. Promise broken - elephant memory mode engaged.

They are only cancelling plans that do not comply with the new rules in Obamacare because the plan has been upgraded to a newer version.

That's kinda my point.  This guy can probably afford any plan whatsoever, so why was he on a plan that doesn't comply?

Isn't that health insurance in general? My healthcare plans have always covered stuff I may never need. Such as substance abuse counseling (I don't smoke cigs, consume illegal drugs, or drink alcoholic beverages) and care... That doesn't mean these things shouldn't be offered, especially with some base level.

I'm not a major proponent of the law (which is for another conversation), but to argue that the insurance isn't tailored to the individual is disingenuous as no insurance is. The whole point of it is to have more people paying into it than who actually need to avail themselves of its services.

There are 10 criteria that can cause it, and then there's "The Promise." Ask George H. W. Bush what happened when he broke one. Obama may not run again, but key members of his own party are already running for cover- including 15 Senators in center-right or conservative states who are up in 2014.

Maybe this would be a good compromise:

If you don't use the Maternity and oby/gn care

The Mental health care

etc.

You get part of your payments refunded/credited at the end of the year.

Maybe this would be a good compromise:

If you don't use the Maternity and oby/gn care

The Mental health care

etc.

You get part of your payments refunded/credited at the end of the year.

That..Makes..Sense.. :D Hum for President! 

I love how people defend these types of issues with, "His plan didn't mean the standards of.." They are still going to have to pay more. These new laws are a train wreck and hurts more people than it does not. 

I don't get all this "include this, exclude that" nonsense with American healthcare.  It should just be one low payment covers everything that could ever happen to you...

To me, Obamacare "looks" like that's what it's trying to achieve, but either because of inherent flaws or sabotage, it's turning into one monumental clusterfrack...

So the huge healthcare companies that couldn't give a sh*t about their customers are going to lose out on business, boo hoo.

In a country where they can just leave people dying on a gurney like it's a third world country something clearly is wrong, at least Obama is trying to do something about it instead of just buying shares and profiting like the Republicans clearly do.

All Republicans care about is their money, their world, they, like the large "health" "care" companies, couldn't give a monkeys about anyone but themselves.