Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:23

Im very let down by COD ghosts. Ill start with what I think is wrong:

Maps way too large

Gameplay is terrible

No demolition or CTF

Damage mod to extreme and inconsistent

Camping is required to get kills

Very difficult loadout procedure

In short, ill stick with Black Ops 2 and hopefully they will come out with a BO3 and not screw it up like they did this game. I hope that they didn't jump the shark here because this game is a POS to me. Whats your thoughts??? Maybe im the only one here....?

#2 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,471 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:25

My thoughts are give other series a try.  You won't be seeing the changes you want in CoD the way it's going.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,362 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:28

Im very let down by COD ghosts. Ill start with what I think is wrong:

Maps way too large

Gameplay is terrible

No demolition or CTF

Damage mod to extreme and inconsistent

Camping is required to get kills

Very difficult loadout procedure

In short, ill stick with Black Ops 2 and hopefully they will come out with a BO3 and not screw it up like they did this game. I hope that they didn't jump the shark here because this game is a POS to me. Whats your thoughts??? Maybe im the only one here....?

Concerning your first complaint, it's not that the maps are too large, it's that they reduced the MP size from 18 to 12.

As for game modes, they can be easily added back in I'm sure. They said they were adding S&D in the next update.

#4 OP mrdeezus

mrdeezus

Neowinian

• 289 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:37

It just feels like a beta test to me....

Concerning your first complaint, it's not that the maps are too large, it's that they reduced the MP size from 18 to 12.

As for game modes, they can be easily added back in I'm sure. They said they were adding S&D in the next update.

#5 OP mrdeezus

mrdeezus

Neowinian

• 289 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:37

My thoughts are give other series a try.  You won't be seeing the changes you want in CoD the way it's going.

I think your right....

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,362 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:40

It just feels like a beta test to me....

That's what happens when you rehash the same game every year without proper testing or Q/A.

BF4 is also a mess in it's current state so you may be stuck without a military shooter on console for a while.

#7 OP mrdeezus

mrdeezus

Neowinian

• 289 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:51

Now for me no reason to buy the XB1, unless titanfall turns out to be good.

That's what happens when you rehash the same game every year without proper testing or Q/A.

BF4 is also a mess in it's current state so you may be stuck without a military shooter on console for a while.

#8 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,882 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 00:09

Now for me no reason to buy the XB1, unless titanfall turns out to be good.

BF4 isnt as bad as it was at the start but they still need get some work done on it. Apparently alot of people are disappointed with CoD, both games seem kinda rushed to get it out the door and us PC gamers are beta testing the server code atm so its ready for the consolers so the console servers should be alright by the time the game is released. i like CoD's single player usually but apparently its a bit rubbish ill have to find out for myself and BF4's was alright but i like BF3's campaign much better. Found the squad mates a bit useless so went running round on hard mode taking most stuff out myself, was easier they also didnt seem to be able to kill much stuff. Prolly cus it was on hard and are expected to take the stuff out yourself i dunno

#9 OP mrdeezus

mrdeezus

Neowinian

• 289 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 17:54

Black ops 2 is still the best COD game for me....

#10 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,882 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:34

Black ops 2 is still the best COD game for me....

Call of duty Ghosts is a bad joke, just bin playing on it and its unplayable on my computer, got everything set to extra running at 60ish fps and it stutters and frame drops constantly set it to high getting 100fps samething, set it to optimal video settings, 200 fps same crap. Its rediculous... as if they didnt know these bugs were there. Probably just released it and hoped for the best

#11 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,808 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:39

...I hope that they didn't jump the shark here because this game is a POS to me. Whats your thoughts??? Maybe im the only one here....?

Personally the series jumped the shark a long time ago. Although "jumping the shark" would lean more towards the idea that the series has become worse over time. For me it's more that it has just stagnated, there is nothing new compared to the earlier games.

#12 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,540 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:48

Yea I agree with you Nick. I haven't got a new CoD game since Black Ops 2 and I have no intention what-so-ever in getting Ghosts, or any new Battlefield for that matter.
I feel their primes were passed about 2 years ago. Now both games are saturated with 12 year old boys thinking they are the best and screaming down the mic.

#13 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• 6,380 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:51

COD Ghosts is amazing, i love it.. the graphics are a nice update, not trying to be too good but not rubbish either. the maps are great, only downside for me is less in teams, takes more running about to find people.. not sure on that decision it's a bit rubbish.

It's one of the best COD i've played.. i don't think anything will beat the original Black Ops, all maps on that game are perfect.

Battlefield and EA can suck on my hairy nut sack.

#14 +FiB3R

FiB3R

"the sun is definitely rising on a new dawn!"

• 7,601 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 930

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:52

I'm I the only one that had to Google "jump the shark"? lol

Turned out to be quite interesting (Y)

#15 StrikedOut

StrikedOut

Outside the box

• 865 posts