COD Ghosts user reviews

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,052 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 13:29

Yea I agree with you Nick. I haven't got a new CoD game since Black Ops 2 and I have no intention what-so-ever in getting Ghosts, or any new Battlefield for that matter.

Well to be fair, there haven't been any new CoD games since Black Ops 2.... Ghost is the latest one that just came out after BO2. So that really doesn't make much sense.

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 14:57

I quite like COD Ghosts myself. :)

#18 draklin

draklin

Neowinian

• 1,055 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 15:03

I'm I the only one that had to Google "jump the shark"? lol

Turned out to be quite interesting (Y)

Now go google "nuke the fridge" for more fun

#19 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,339 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:51

I have gotten COD Ghosts after telling myself I won't because I got constnatly asked by my XBL friends to get it so we can play.

Here are my impressions so far

1. Multiplayer is same old same old. Nothing really new here .. some reskined stuff but the point is that it's COD.. it's still fun to play even though it's starting to feel REALLY stale. I like that they brought in stuff from BOPS 2 and the way you do perks and you can have 6 perks by sacrificing some things. MP even though feeling stale, has enough updates to make it feel not "really" like every other COD.. it is though, but it feels new after not playing BOPS 2 for a while.

2. The biggest issue with MP is that the maps are big and people are seemingly camping A LOT more than any other COD previously. I can't say I like this. It's really annoying when you have people over and over again, sitting in buildings in corners waiting for someone to run through and they shoot you in the back. Most people do this because footsteps have never been louder. I mean I like it because it gives value to dead silence but my god steps now are ridiculously loud. You can hear anyone from 2 rooms away.

3. After bad reviews about single player I have to say that I really enjoyed it. While the storytelling could have been better, this was a new storyline and I think it can be a great one. The single player was awesomely diverse. From driving, flying, and everything in between I never felt I was just storming into a room and shooting to continue. Compared to Battlefield 4 embarrassing single player COD Ghosts is really good.

4. But overall and by FAR, I enjoy Squads and Extinction. These modes are so great where you can play with friends against pretty damn good AI bots, you still rank up for MP and no annoying campers, and lone wolves. And it's also diverse modes which makes it fun TDM, Kill Confirmed, Blitz, Domination etc. Extinction is amazingly awesome. I could never get into Zombies in BOPS, but Extinction is just my cup of tea. Skill points, leveling up, increasingly more difficult alien attacks as you level up keep you really challenged. It's A LOT of fun. 

Overall, even though initially I was saying crap about them releasing the same old game, I have to say after getting it, I have found value in this COD for the 60 bucks. I can't lie. And for that, they do deserve my money.

#20 ensiform

ensiform

"I AM SUCH A BA!"

• 434 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:25

Meh, I'm not getting it.  I've gotten the previous ones but it still is stale and even black ops 2 does not run well on older PCs so I'm sure this one won't either.

MP is the same year in and year out with nothing _really_ new worth of value brought to the actual game to change it or improve it, usually remove features :/ or frivolous things.

$60 for a mappack+patches, some SP story (takes most time and is the least played portion), and extra gamemode (Spec Ops, Zombies, Extinction)

Not to mention, Infinity Ward isn't even Infinity Ward anymore.  The talent left to Respawn.

Well to be fair, there haven't been any new CoD games since Black Ops 2.... Ghost is the latest one that just came out after BO2. So that really doesn't make much sense.

Don't you mean nothing new since MW1/2 :p

#21 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,493 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:43

I'm moving story mode on PS4

#22 +fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,493 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:43

Loving*

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!