What settings will this run most games on?

Hi, before i press the dreaded buy button. After probably a million and half posts by me i have finalized my upgrade. But before i do so i would like to know how i would run most modern games. Arma 3, far cry 3, etc etc And how future proof it would be. But, without further rambling here are the specs:

AMD FX 4100 @ 3.6GHz

4 GB RAM

XFX AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB Core DD Edition Card

Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600W Power Supply

Seagate 7200.14 1TB SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive

AvP Triton Gaming Black Midi Tower Case

I should be upping to 8 GB Ram next month. So if you could say for 4 gb then maybe 8? Thanks a lot, appreciate your help and patience!

As you know, you need more ram. Anyway, it would depend on the resolution you're aiming for and what framerate you want. You could run everything maxed out at 900p with a good framerate. It would depend on the game. As for 1080p. You would have to turn down some of the eye candy such as AA, HDAO etc, in order to achieve a decent frame rate. It all off course depends on the game.

Thanks for the replies! I'll be on 1440x900 for now and upping to 1980x1080 next year sometime. Some others are saying i need to up my CPU to a 6300 otherwise im bottlenecked and would only manage med/high in most situations. So im adding that and getting more ram next month! :)