11 replies to this topic

#1 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:45

Retina iPad Mini Now Available for Purchase From Apple's Online Store

In something of a surprise move, Apple has begun accepting orders for the Retina iPad mini in the United States and several other countries as of midnight Pacific Time on November 12. Orders for the 16 and 32 GB Wi-Fi versions are currently shipping within 1 to 3 business days while orders for the 64 and 128 GB versions along with cellular models are shipping within 5 to 10 days. 

The company did not give any early indication that it would launch the Retina iPad mini today, aside from a mention of the seemingly unlikely November 12 date on its GSX sitefor service providers just hours ago. 

retina_ipad_mini_space_gray_silver.jpg

The quiet launch of the Retina iPad mini may be due to constrained supplies, as rumors have suggested that available quantities of the mini will be extremely low due to display production issues. Apple is unlikely to have enough supply of the tablet to meet demand

Visually, Apple's Retina iPad mini is nearly unchanged from the original mini, though it is both slightly heavier and thicker. The tablet includes a Retina display with a 2048 x 1536 resolution, along with an A7 processor and the M7 coprocessor originally introduced in the iPhone 5s. 

The entry-level 16 GB Retina iPad mini will retail for $399 in the United States, with an extra $100 for each increase in capacity and $130 for cellular connectivity.

Source: Mac Rumors

#2 harveyhanson

harveyhanson

Harv

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:09

Says the silver 16GB retina mini is shipping within 1-3days, wowsers...

#3 vhane

vhane

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:22

Apple store was down just when I needed to enrol a couple of iOS developer accounts. It's looks poorly on Apple that the whole store needs to go down whenever they launch a product.

#4 f1ux

f1ux

Neowinian

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:28

I was going to get one but just got the LG G pad 8.3 for pretty much half the price instead! ( £229)  Loving it so far!
Thin, hi-res, fast, stable!

#5 goodbytes

goodbytes

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:44

Does anyone know if we're likely to see these in local stores this year?

I wouldn't mind checking it out in the flesh first my closest iPad stockist is Currys and ASDA.

#6 Gary2MBz

Gary2MBz

Sneakier than your worst nightmare.

• Phone: AT&T iPhone 5 32GB - White & Silver

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:44

Getting one for my just-passed birthday w00t! :D

#7 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:03

I could've waited a bit, but I just impulse hit the Buy button after reading about supply issues. Currently in the process of selling off my third-gen iPad.

Various reasons for upgrading: the third-gen iPad isn't as butter smooth as the other iPads on iOS 7, including iPad 2 and mini; realized 16 GB isn't enough for storage needs; and couldn't resist seeing how the iPad Air and retina mini are at feature and spec parity. Smaller size doesn't hurt either.

#8 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:05

Really any benefit over the regular mini?  $100?  Just for browsing the web email and facebook for the wife...I dont know if she would care haha. 

#9 p0welly

p0welly

sanity/insanity

Posted 12 November 2013 - 13:53

Just ordered mine, 32gb/3g cant wait.

#10 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 12 November 2013 - 14:12

I am a longtime mini user but went with the Air when it came out. I want to see the mini 2 in hand compared to the Air to decide on which one to purchase for sure

#11 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 12 November 2013 - 14:16

Really any benefit over the regular mini?  $100?  Just for browsing the web email and facebook for the wife...I dont know if she would care haha. 

Well the retina display is certainly a huge upgrade.  And obviously it will be much faster as well.

#12 NeoXY

NeoXY

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2013 - 14:55

Just ordered mine as well. 32GB Grey Wifi. Won't be here for the 25th, but hopping for much sooner!

Can't wait.