• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 12 November 2013 - 16:51

http://news.xbox.com...-one-snap-video

#2 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 12 November 2013 - 16:56

Once I turn my Xbox One on... well it's staying on till i get tired and go to bed... and even then it may have to just time out to standby mode... :D

#3 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:05

Good luck to them reducing that 10% system reservation.

They'd be better pausing the game while you use Snap which would divert the resources. You can't realistically play something and use apps etc at the same time. Even worse when it comes to movies/tv and people interupting them (N)

#4 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:08

Is that Forza 5 in the video?? :huh: The reflections and everything doesn't look good compared to screenshots I've seen.

#5 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:20

They'd be better pausing the game while you use Snap which would divert the resources. You can't realistically play something and use apps etc at the same time. Even worse when it comes to movies/tv and people interupting them (N)

Well the game does pause when you snap. You have the option to use them while playing.

You don't have to snap though, it supports apps in the background or just switching to an app instead of snapping it.

I agree that snapping has limited uses compared to just switching, but we will see what the app developers come up with. I still like the idea of snapping an app that can offer game guidance. I could see myself wanting to reference something while in game.

Again, not a big deal, just thinking of possibilities.

#6 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:21

It looks to me like the game does pause if you issue the command until you go back to it, which is how it should be done in the end.

#7 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:23

I meant forcing the game to stay paused so that the 10% wouldn't impact the game performance, then reduce it when you close the snap.

#8 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:28

I meant forcing the game to stay paused so that the 10% wouldn't impact the game performance, then reduce it when you close the snap.

then what the hell would be the point of snap?

#9 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:29

oh snap!

#10 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:30

So you don't need to exit the game/return to dashboard?

#11 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:30

No clue.. seems like it does more harm then good though.

#12 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:31

I doubt simple apps alone are going to use up 10% of the GPU but if you jump between a lot of them, like they've shown you can and have it be smooth then yeah sure, though that's something few are probably going to do.   That said, when not in the foreground I bet those apps are suspended till you flip to them or snap them anyways.   The reserved resources sound like a safe bet to start, once it's out and they see how it is in peoples hands they'll tweak it more.

Even at 90% going to the game I believe developers can have enough to work with if they have the time and don't rush things to meet a close date.   Now if a few months from now they've seen that they can have the same experience but with 5% then yay, but I don't worry about my future gaming prospects even if it stays at 10% for the next few years.

#13 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:36

You can switch directly without snap as well (like in PS4).

#14 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:36

seems like you dont know much about xbox one. you can return to the dash without exiting the game,load up other full screen apps or watch tv, then instantly switch back to the game without reloading.

#15 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 12 November 2013 - 20:37

I doubt simple apps alone are going to use up 10% of the GPU but if you jump between a lot of them, like they've shown you can and have it be smooth then yeah sure, though that's something few are probably going to do.   That said, when not in the foreground I bet those apps are suspended till you flip to them or snap them anyways.   The reserved resources sound like a safe bet to start, once it's out and they see how it is in peoples hands they'll tweak it more.

Even at 90% going to the game I believe developers can have enough to work with if they have the time and don't rush things to meet a close date.   Now if a few months from now they've seen that they can have the same experience but with 5% then yay, but I don't worry about my future gaming prospects even if it stays at 10% for the next few years.

I hope so too, and I hope it doesn't cause any OS stability issues either. Last thing people want is their games crashing due to the feature.