COD Ghosts is better on Xbox One.

Guys, until something is confirmed beyond these screenshots, don't get so worked up.

Besides, we all know that COD has issues unrelated to the consoles and that they obviously ran out of time to optimize for either console.  Hence their claim to be working on a fix for the frame rate issues on the ps4.

Guys, until something is confirmed beyond these screenshots, don't get so worked up.

Besides, we all know that COD has issues unrelated to the consoles and that they obviously ran out of time to optimize for either console.  Hence their claim to be working on a fix for the frame rate issues on the ps4.

It doesn't matter if CoD:Ghost is native 1080 or not... the game sucks...  BAD...

I must admit, I do admire how you give dumbs dumbs like me, and horrid games like Ghost the benefit of a doubt...

But Ghost is pretty bad... I tried to watch my son play it the other night... I actually enjoyed SpongeBob with my daughters more  :rofl:

Hmm, that's interesting.  So if this is the rumored patched that was mentioned in another thread, it appears to not address the frame rate issues on the ps4.

In fact, it reveals something we had no idea was happening.  COD single player was in fact running at 720p, which would then support the suggestions earlier that screenshots where pointing to that.

But this patch will push the SP up to 1080p, so that is taken care of at least.

It'll be interesting to see if they do anything about the frame rate issues.

Told you so, the GAF SDF desperation is delicious! Never seen a bigger bunch of hypocrites in my life.

That's what gaming has turned into for them, a poor man's p*ssing contest. So sad and pathetic.

ENJOY YOUR FREAKING GAMES! Every console has its pros and cons.

I have to say, this is pretty embarrassing for IW.  The COD next gen launch has become a farce. 

Does that admission mean that all of the reviews that came out for the ps4 version of COD were made under false pretenses? 

It also should be a strong reminder to everyone that tried to use this game or any multiplatform game as ammo in the debate of which console is better that its better to not touch the subject. 

So if its a day 1 patch and the game currently runs single player  in 720p then the only thing that is happening is the same texture resolutions are being processed at 1080p via the game engine software whereas on x1 they're being processed by the hardware scaler. Obviously they're not patching all the textures or else that day 1 patch would be HUGE

I can't believe people really believe they're getting 2.5x pixel density, the scaler is scaling the textures to fill those pixels on the x1 as well.

so they set the game to 720p for the review event, to mask the frame rate problems, then release the patch at launch to bring the resolution back up after the game is reviewed and everyone bought the game.

this also exposes all the bull****ers with their ability to see massive differences of essentially the exact same thing, LOL. what a ****in sham

• Like 2

Wow IW really screwed up with this one. Bragging for weeks about 1080p native on the PS4, then it comes out and sucks hard, with multiple frame rate issues, then it is discovered to be 720p on the single player, and they need to patch it to get to the 1080p that everyone thought it was. This should kill this lame franchise for good now. What an utter shambles

Ran out of time? Hell, I doubt they even started  :laugh:

Wow IW really screwed up with this one. Bragging for weeks about 1080p native on the PS4, then it comes out and sucks hard, with multiple frame rate issues, then it is discovered to be 720p on the single player, and they need to patch it to get to the 1080p that everyone thought it was. This should kill this lame franchise for good now. What an utter shambles

I didn't see IW/Acti bragging about anything? They just told people it was 1080p when asked.

I didn't see IW/Acti bragging about anything? They just told people it was 1080p when asked.

And apparently they were lying at that point.  SP is only hitting 1080p with the day one patch. 

Sure its not the end of the world, but I'm getting a little tired of these 'little lies' that go around.

And apparently they were lying at that point.  SP is only hitting 1080p with the day one patch. 

Sure its not the end of the world, but I'm getting a little tired of these 'little lies' that go around.

Ditto. Not unexpected by them though, IMO.

The game sold what it sold, everyone who really wanted it probably got it already on either the PC or one of the other systems since they can't wait for the new consoles, :P    Let's move on, this game was coded very badly, it's clear they did a hack job.

I'm much more interested in the 2nd and 3rd batch of games that will have proper work done on them and not these rushed launch titles we're getting on both systems.

• Like 1

apparently, the ps4 version is also more gimped and has less effects

also reviewers were told they were playing the native 1080p version, yet polygon cant tell the difference,and ign video shows the ps4 version in 720p. the captures were from the 1080p version. the patch concerns retail copies only,which reviewers werent using. this **** keeps getting better and better.

QgCtbnc.png

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

apparently, the ps4 version is also more gimped and has less effects

also reviewers were told they were playing the native 1080p version, yet polygon cant tell the difference,and ign video shows the ps4 version in 720p

QgCtbnc.png

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I like how that one tweet in the middle tries to downplay things, because a higher res is everything.  You can have a game running at 1080p and it could look ###### poor and next to it you can have another game at a lower res but looking better.  Resolution by itself is not the be all and end all of a game, ffs. 

From what I understand though, the XBone version only runs at 720p, and is up-scaled to 1080p, whereas the PS4 version runs at 1080p natively and has sharper edges and looks a bit better.  IGN even did a side-by-side video comparison to demonstrate the pros and cons of each version.

From what I understand though, the XBone version only runs at 720p, and is up-scaled to 1080p, whereas the PS4 version runs at 1080p natively and has sharper edges and looks a bit better.  IGN even did a side-by-side video comparison to demonstrate the pros and cons of each version.

Since we know the single player missions were 720p, the PS4 and Xb1 are obviously playing with the same textures and the PS4 is just scaling to 1080p in software while the x1 is scaling to 1080p in hardware.

The dorks tweeting about 2.5x pixel density of the PS4 over X1 don't get up-scaling and the fact that up-scaling fills in those pixels algorithmically just as a game engine would.

Since we know the single player missions were 720p, the PS4 and Xb1 are obviously playing with the same textures and the PS4 is just scaling to 1080p in software while the x1 is scaling to 1080p in hardware.

The dorks tweeting about 2.5x pixel density of the PS4 over X1 don't get up-scaling and the fact that up-scaling fills in those pixels algorithmically just as a game engine would.

Just to be sure here but, are you implying that textures are stored at the output resolution of the rendered scene?