2013 Audi S3 vs. 1983 Audi Quattro

Audi pits a 2013 S3 against a 1983 Sport Quattro on a rally circuit

See who comes out on top

Audi has released a new promotional video that pits a 1983 Sport Quattro against a 2013 S3 on a rally circuit.

On paper, it looks like a relatively even match as the Sport Quattro only has 6 HP (4 kW) more than the S3. However, the model has a five-speed manual transmission which could give Stig Blomqvist a slight edge over Hermann M?ller's S3.

We won't spoil the results but we'll remind you the S3 has a 2.0-liter TFSI four-cylinder engine that develops 300 HP (221 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a six-speed S tronic transmission and quattro all-wheel drive system which enables the hatchback to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds and hit an electronically-limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

http://youtu.be/o6wHrpKqERo

I've recently bought a white Audi baseball cap. Now, after watching this video, I want the whole suit :D

Didn't watch the video...yet,  but power is nothing if you can't get it to grab and go. And a lot depends on the driver too, swap cars and see how well each one does THEN average the times.

EDIT: just watched it, the minor difference in time could be due to the fat old guy driving it. More weight=slower time. Like I said switch drivers and get a better result. Or were they trying to go for a 20 year old car with a 20 year past his prime driver?

AND it's a AUDI commercial....Since when was a hatchback cool to drive and was sporty, you kids these days. :P