11 posts in this topic

Posted

NASA

Posted

The people behind the taking of this picture are the closest thing we have to gods.

Posted

This view needs to be in the next Star Trek film. Just imagine it on IMAX 3D :ninja:

Posted

Beautiful!

Posted

That is awesome.

Posted

Looks overly fake to me, I prefer the regular views.

Posted

And if Cassini gets axed next year, we wont be seeing these kind of awesome images of our planets :(

Posted

What's new about this picture? It's not a new picture. I've seen it before. Is it higher resolution or something?

Posted

What's new about this picture? It's not a new picture. I've seen it before. Is it higher resolution or something?

The image above was taken recently and is more well looked upon because it features Earth, Venus and Mars from Saturn. Cassini has taken other similar images of Saturn in the past, like this one from 2006. Not much of a difference, just a higher resolution of when they stitched it together I guess?

Posted

The image above was taken recently and is more well looked upon because it features Earth, Venus and Mars from Saturn. Cassini has taken other similar images of Saturn in the past, like this one from 2006. Not much of a difference, just a higher resolution of when they stitched it together I guess?

Yeah, that's the one that I was talking about. I guess this one is different if it does contain more planets.

Posted

Looks overly fake to me, I prefer the regular views.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought it was a vectorized image or something.