Photo

Don't worry, you can relax a fix has been found...

ps4 fix

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:23

I know how pathetic this is, and I have my flame suit on already but jesus this is just stupid! I know in reality this isn't a big deal but for such an expensive thing you would think a simple thing like this would have been thought about!

http://www.kotaku.co...bbling-problem/

#2 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:32

yeah prolly a small flaw but think broken GPU's are a bigger problem at the moe haha

#3 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:38

It's a pretty unimportant flaw, however it shouldn't be there in the first place. It would annoy the hell out of me. Strange design decision.

#4 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 12 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:39

It's definitely stupid.

They just needed 4 legs, problem solved.

#5 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:40

Could someone explain what is being discussed here, for those of us stuck behind an office proxy server?

#6 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:47

Could someone explain what is being discussed here, for those of us stuck behind an office proxy server?

YouTube is blocked too?

Extra to the hardware problems, PS4 got a design problem; which makes the PS4 wobble when pressed on the left front corner. To solve it, a solution in form of 8 post-it notes was found (you place them underneath the corner).

No solution to the hardware problems, though.

#7 OP Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:49

Hahaha sorry! Basically it seems the PS4 has a wobble on it, because the feet are along the left edge and then just off centre on the right, so the right side has no support under and wobbles. 

It's very very minor issue, but to me that makes it worse. It's just a complete oversight that should never happen IMO. 

#8 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:52

Extra to the hardware problems, PS4 got a design problem; which makes the PS4 wobble when pressed on the left front corner. To solve it, a solution in form of 8 post-it notes was found (you place them underneath the corner).

Ah, cheers. 8 post-it notes...not exactly the ideal solution. :s

#9 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:57

Just include a free pack of post it notes with every console,problem solved.

#10 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:58

The PS4 wobbles?

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED!!

Seriously though. So long as it doesn't wobble when you're in game. Does it really matter?

The rate Sony churn out different versions of their console. We'll have a PS4 slim by christmas next year anyway :laugh:

#11 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:01

so it only wobbles when you push down on it.. well no one should touch my ps4 besides me, and I don't plan on pushing on it while playing.. so it's really a non-issue.

#12 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:54

It would annoy the hell out of me.

Why? Do you constantly poke and push down on your consoles? If it was something like a keyboard which you were constantly hitting and striking then that would drive me absolutely bonkers.

If this is widespread, it does seem like a silly oversight, but I have only seen this demonstrated on one device, and it was in a friggin' Kotaku post, so I'm not giving it a whole lot of credibility at this point.

#13 firey

firey

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:57

It's a pretty unimportant flaw, however it shouldn't be there in the first place. It would annoy the hell out of me. Strange design decision.

so you constantly push on your consoles? Unless it wobbled every time something vibrated (disk spun, speakers, etc) then I could see annoyance.. otherwise you are just looking for something to be annoyed with.  

#14 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 14 November 2013 - 13:04

Why? Do you constantly poke and push down on your consoles? If it was something like a keyboard which you were constantly hitting and striking then that would drive me absolutely bonkers.

If this is widespread, it does seem like a silly oversight, but I have only seen this demonstrated on one device, and it was in a friggin' Kotaku post, so I'm not giving it a whole lot of credibility at this point.

so you constantly push on your consoles? Unless it wobbled every time something vibrated (disk spun, speakers, etc) then I could see annoyance.. otherwise you are just looking for something to be annoyed with.  

You two are completely missing the point. For £400 i expect a certain level of build quality. The absence of a fourth leg for stability is a sh**y choice of fashion over function and it's obvious. Does it affect the way the system behaves? Hopefully not but this doesn;t mark the fact that for £400 you're getting a shoddily designed end quality.

#15 firey

firey

Posted 14 November 2013 - 13:19

You two are completely missing the point. For £400 i expect a certain level of build quality. The absence of a fourth leg for stability is a sh**y choice of fashion over function and it's obvious. Does it affect the way the system behaves? Hopefully not but this doesn;t mark the fact that for £400 you're getting a shoddily designed end quality.

I bet 99% of people wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't pointed out.  To me build quality is materials used, and if it holds together.  I spent 500$ on a blackberry pearl which fell apart (literally) I spend 160$ to get it fixed, and it once again fell apart.  That to me is much much worse than if you push in just the right spot with enough pressure it wobbles.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!