Don't worry, you can relax a fix has been found...

Is there not a certain principle to the fact you have just spent $400 or whatever it costs to have to modify it because of a slight annoyance? Maybe I am overdoing this but I just think when I pay that kind of money I expect a certain level of quality, and this wouldn't match my expectation.

I agree with you, but unless it's going to affect the intended purpose of the console I just think a few more pennies for some rubber feet for those who aren't setting up the console vertically, is an option. But after checking a 'dummy' console at my local game store I did notice it didn't come with any rubber feet at all. Can an owner of a US console confirm if their has any or not?

You two are completely missing the point. For ?400 i expect a certain level of build quality. The absence of a fourth leg for stability is a sh**y choice of fashion over function and it's obvious. Does it affect the way the system behaves? Hopefully not but this doesn;t mark the fact that for ?400 you're getting a shoddily designed end quality.

You put the console down and it just stays there for most of its life. Who the hell cares if it wobbles and why does that make it bad build quality? 

I agree with you, but unless it's going to affect the intended purpose of the console I just think a few more pennies for some rubber feet for those who aren't setting up the console vertically, is an option. But after checking a 'dummy' console at my local game store I did notice it didn't come with any rubber feet at all. Can an owner of a US console confirm if their has any or not?

Mine definitely has the small feet that lead to the wobble.

I am keeping mine laying flat, but the wobble doesn't concern me, its just an interesting oversight.  Now if I try a retail game disc and I see the console vibrating more than it should, I might get concerned, but at the moment is just a cosmetic thing.

• Like 1

I had a problem like this on a PowerBook G4 and also a MacBook Pro. Instead of dealing with HassleCare, I just went to a hardware store and bought a little adhesive "bumper" that you put on cabinet doors. Worked great and didn't look bad either. Just make sure you get the right size.

You put the console down and it just stays there for most of its life. Who the hell cares if it wobbles and why does that make it bad build quality? 

You know, we are all probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I just personally feel that its a bit of a poor design choice, I understand it's potentially for the stand but I'm pretty sure it would have been just as easy to design the stand around the console then the other way around. 

It just seems thoughtless and lazy to me, and if I had just shelled out $400 for that I wouldnt be happy 

Mine definitely has the small feet that lead to the wobble.

I am keeping mine laying flat, but the wobble doesn't concern me, its just an interesting oversight.  Now if I try a retail game disc and I see the console vibrating more than it should, I might get concerned, but at the moment is just a cosmetic thing.

Thank you kindly :)