Photo

Don't worry, you can relax a fix has been found...

ps4 fix

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:48

I get that to some this is a big deal, so why not simply go to a hardware store, and buy some sticky backed, rubber feet?

#47 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:06

I get that to some this is a big deal, so why not simply go to a hardware store, and buy some sticky backed, rubber feet?

Well I personally would not want to be sticking anything to my new console. I don't plan on putting anything under my console to level it out unless I notice some movement while playing a disc based game.

#48 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:14

Foxhound_logo.jpg

!

lol. Isn't that FOXHOUND?

#49 OP Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:33

Is there not a certain principle to the fact you have just spent $400 or whatever it costs to have to modify it because of a slight annoyance? Maybe I am overdoing this but I just think when I pay that kind of money I expect a certain level of quality, and this wouldn't match my expectation.

#50 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:59

If Foxcon can't put them together properly then there's one or more of the follow problems: faulty industrial design(bad design, hard to put together right, chance of failure after assembly where parts pop out/misalign later), lack of QnA in the specs, Lack of oversight by the ordering company(MS/Sony), not enough pre production units checked by the owning company for manufacturing issues.

Foxconn is the one that make the error(except in some cases of bad industrial design) but Sony(or MS if they have similar issues) is the one ultimately responsible. 

#51 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:51

Is there not a certain principle to the fact you have just spent $400 or whatever it costs to have to modify it because of a slight annoyance? Maybe I am overdoing this but I just think when I pay that kind of money I expect a certain level of quality, and this wouldn't match my expectation.

I agree with you, but unless it's going to affect the intended purpose of the console I just think a few more pennies for some rubber feet for those who aren't setting up the console vertically, is an option. But after checking a 'dummy' console at my local game store I did notice it didn't come with any rubber feet at all. Can an owner of a US console confirm if their has any or not?

#52 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2013 - 13:10

You two are completely missing the point. For £400 i expect a certain level of build quality. The absence of a fourth leg for stability is a sh**y choice of fashion over function and it's obvious. Does it affect the way the system behaves? Hopefully not but this doesn;t mark the fact that for £400 you're getting a shoddily designed end quality.

You put the console down and it just stays there for most of its life. Who the hell cares if it wobbles and why does that make it bad build quality? 

#53 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 16 November 2013 - 15:54

I agree with you, but unless it's going to affect the intended purpose of the console I just think a few more pennies for some rubber feet for those who aren't setting up the console vertically, is an option. But after checking a 'dummy' console at my local game store I did notice it didn't come with any rubber feet at all. Can an owner of a US console confirm if their has any or not?

Mine definitely has the small feet that lead to the wobble.

I am keeping mine laying flat, but the wobble doesn't concern me, its just an interesting oversight.  Now if I try a retail game disc and I see the console vibrating more than it should, I might get concerned, but at the moment is just a cosmetic thing.

#54 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 16 November 2013 - 16:02

I had a problem like this on a PowerBook G4 and also a MacBook Pro. Instead of dealing with HassleCare, I just went to a hardware store and bought a little adhesive "bumper" that you put on cabinet doors. Worked great and didn't look bad either. Just make sure you get the right size.

#55 OP Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 November 2013 - 19:50

You put the console down and it just stays there for most of its life. Who the hell cares if it wobbles and why does that make it bad build quality? 

You know, we are all probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I just personally feel that its a bit of a poor design choice, I understand it's potentially for the stand but I'm pretty sure it would have been just as easy to design the stand around the console then the other way around. 

It just seems thoughtless and lazy to me, and if I had just shelled out $400 for that I wouldnt be happy 

#56 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 23:06

Mine definitely has the small feet that lead to the wobble.

I am keeping mine laying flat, but the wobble doesn't concern me, its just an interesting oversight.  Now if I try a retail game disc and I see the console vibrating more than it should, I might get concerned, but at the moment is just a cosmetic thing.

Thank you kindly :)