• 2 months later...

Is it just me, or does this series appear to have taken a turn towards Prototype's gameplay? In past games you had to climb buildings rather than running up them, and there also seems to be a lot of manic over-the-top action going on.

I swear that's the same area we've seen in gameplay videos before.

Is it just me, or does this series appear to have taken a turn towards Prototype's gameplay? In past games you had to climb buildings rather than running up them, and there also seems to be a lot of manic over-the-top action going on.

I've always said they were both borrowing from each other after Crackdown released. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a more action root to appeal to more gamers, and now they don't have Prototype to compete against either with Radical Ent all but dead. I think it looks good though, definitely an improvement. The neon power seems to be the one which allows you to run up walls whereas the smoke power you teleport to rooftops, so they've gone with variety.

I swear that's the same area we've seen in gameplay videos before.

I've always said they were both borrowing from each other after Crackdown released. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a more action root to appeal to more gamers, and now they don't have Prototype to compete against either with Radical Ent all but dead. I think it looks good though, definitely an improvement. The neon power seems to be the one which allows you to run up walls whereas the smoke power you teleport to rooftops, so they've gone with variety.

Yeah smoke can be used when there are "chimneys" to shoot up to the roof. Didn't quite catch if neon has a caveat (like an electrical source must be on the building/nearby).

I can definitely see the influence of games like crackdown and prototype, but that's fine by me. I had lots of fun with both.

Every video I see just makes me more impatient for release :laugh:

yeah it doesn't really feel like a Infamous game anymore, kinda like a mix of Prototype and Crackdown.

still looks nice though.

To be fair they've been coy about showing off a lot of this game, as Munky said I think the above level has been shown off before.

I really do not think the comparisons to Prototype are all that fair, as they do just seem to be the natural progression of the superpowers, and not a direct rip-off of Prototype.
Regardless, even if it did directly rip off every other game of this kind out there, it looks absolutely and utterly amazing.

I happen to be in the minority of people (at least it seems that way) that has loved every game in the Infamous series. I often cite the series as one of the reasons to own a PS3 in fact, so it is very safe to say I am very much looking forward to this game. Have had it preordered since once could preorder it, and I do believe it is going to be the first real "next gen" experience from a visual standpoint on either console. Some games have come close to providing that experience, Ryse and Shadows Fall respectively, however I believe this is the game that will deliver it in all aspects.

I really do not think the comparisons to Prototype are all that fair, as they do just seem to be the natural progression of the superpowers, and not a direct rip-off of Prototype.

Regardless, even if it did directly rip off every other game of this kind out there, it looks absolutely and utterly amazing.

I happen to be in the minority of people (at least it seems that way) that has loved every game in the Infamous series. I often cite the series as one of the reasons to own a PS3 in fact, so it is very safe to say I am very much looking forward to this game. Have had it preordered since once could preorder it, and I do believe it is going to be the first real "next gen" experience from a visual standpoint on either console. Some games have come close to providing that experience, Ryse and Shadows Fall respectively, however I believe this is the game that will deliver it in all aspects.

I too am in the minority, I had bought a PS3 solely for the ability to play Infamous and was gutted when it died just before I bought Infamous 2.  I believe that this game alone has helped me decide which next-gen system I will be buying in the near future.

I really hope they haven't. The two games have similar play styles but in my mind infamous was the better game. I haven't finished either Prototype because I got bored pretty quickly. They weren't bad, just kind of boring and excessively violent. I don't hate violent games, but if I feel like the devs have just poured on the violence for no other reason than to show blood and guts I'm like: "meh".

• 2 weeks later...

the stuff with rain effects in that last video was amazing. I cannot wait to see this game in action.

I have an un-opened PS4 sitting at home (yes 2weeks later and still not opened) waiting for Infamous.  I want this to be the first game that gets played on the PS4

And yes my wife knows I went and got a PS4...