inFamous Second Son

official infamous: second son sucker punch productions ps4 sony

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 14 November 2013 - 20:11

There will be a new trailer at tonights PlayStation event as well.

#2 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 14 November 2013 - 20:24

Man, February can't come soon enough.

That just looks like pure fun.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 14 November 2013 - 20:34

Looking forward to this :D

#4 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:46

#5 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:53

Is it just me, or does this series appear to have taken a turn towards Prototype's gameplay? In past games you had to climb buildings rather than running up them, and there also seems to be a lot of manic over-the-top action going on.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:00

I swear that's the same area we've seen in gameplay videos before.

Is it just me, or does this series appear to have taken a turn towards Prototype's gameplay? In past games you had to climb buildings rather than running up them, and there also seems to be a lot of manic over-the-top action going on.

I've always said they were both borrowing from each other after Crackdown released. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a more action root to appeal to more gamers, and now they don't have Prototype to compete against either with Radical Ent all but dead. I think it looks good though, definitely an improvement. The neon power seems to be the one which allows you to run up walls whereas the smoke power you teleport to rooftops, so they've gone with variety.

#7 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:18

I swear that's the same area we've seen in gameplay videos before.

I've always said they were both borrowing from each other after Crackdown released. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a more action root to appeal to more gamers, and now they don't have Prototype to compete against either with Radical Ent all but dead. I think it looks good though, definitely an improvement. The neon power seems to be the one which allows you to run up walls whereas the smoke power you teleport to rooftops, so they've gone with variety.

Yeah smoke can be used when there are "chimneys" to shoot up to the roof. Didn't quite catch if neon has a caveat (like an electrical source must be on the building/nearby).

#8 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:32

I can definitely see the influence of games like crackdown and prototype, but that's fine by me. I had lots of fun with both.

Every video I see just makes me more impatient for release :laugh:

#9 notchinese

notchinese

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:46

Looks good I enjoy infamous & prototype series so I'm sure this will be a good game.

#10 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 28 January 2014 - 15:52

yeah it doesn't really feel like a Infamous game anymore, kinda like a mix of Prototype and Crackdown.

still looks nice though.

#11 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 January 2014 - 19:19

To be fair they've been coy about showing off a lot of this game, as Munky said I think the above level has been shown off before.

#12 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 28 January 2014 - 22:43

I really do not think the comparisons to Prototype are all that fair, as they do just seem to be the natural progression of the superpowers, and not a direct rip-off of Prototype.
Regardless, even if it did directly rip off every other game of this kind out there, it looks absolutely and utterly amazing.

I happen to be in the minority of people (at least it seems that way) that has loved every game in the Infamous series. I often cite the series as one of the reasons to own a PS3 in fact, so it is very safe to say I am very much looking forward to this game. Have had it preordered since once could preorder it, and I do believe it is going to be the first real "next gen" experience from a visual standpoint on either console. Some games have come close to providing that experience, Ryse and Shadows Fall respectively, however I believe this is the game that will deliver it in all aspects.

#13 TYT

TYT

Repressed Expression

Posted 28 January 2014 - 22:54

I really do not think the comparisons to Prototype are all that fair, as they do just seem to be the natural progression of the superpowers, and not a direct rip-off of Prototype.
Regardless, even if it did directly rip off every other game of this kind out there, it looks absolutely and utterly amazing.

I happen to be in the minority of people (at least it seems that way) that has loved every game in the Infamous series. I often cite the series as one of the reasons to own a PS3 in fact, so it is very safe to say I am very much looking forward to this game. Have had it preordered since once could preorder it, and I do believe it is going to be the first real "next gen" experience from a visual standpoint on either console. Some games have come close to providing that experience, Ryse and Shadows Fall respectively, however I believe this is the game that will deliver it in all aspects.

I too am in the minority, I had bought a PS3 solely for the ability to play Infamous and was gutted when it died just before I bought Infamous 2.  I believe that this game alone has helped me decide which next-gen system I will be buying in the near future.

#14 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 28 January 2014 - 23:06

The twist in inFamous was awesome!

#15 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 29 January 2014 - 00:31

Another new video