Very much stoked for this game, but is it just me or is it coming out on a Friday? Good timing for the weekend i guess, but what happened to Tuesday?

Friday is when games get released in the UK, maybe shooting for a proper 'worldwide release' ?

Game looks great.  Had my pre-order in for a while so I could get the limited edition.  I sure hope the game isn't over in a few hours.  Having the ability to play through as good, then go back and do evil, I think, is really cool.  I get bored of games when you do the exact same thing over and over just at a harder difficulty (beat it on normal, hard, extreme, wtfyoudoing, damnthisgame).

Yeah I just realized this myself yesterday looking at the calendar.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze also released on Friday and I liked it as it meant I actually had some time to check the game out on Friday night when my wife falls asleep than on the weekend.

Hope more games do this in the future actually.

True, there have been a few other big releases on Fridays lately, and it makes sense to release entertainment products before a weekend/holidays. Though I kinda got used and like the Tuesday tradition, for me it's a loving tribute to "for me it was Tuesday" by the late and great Raul.

Heh heh Larry, I hear you...more quality time with a good game on a Friday night is a great thing, you can always spend more time with the wife on Saturday. And perhaps Gavin is right and they are going for a proper global release. Maybe Sony will do all their first party stuff on Fridays from now on, which again, makes sense. I mean movies come out towards the weekend, usually.

Firey: no need to worry about the campaign length i think, both previous games were quite long and had a lot to do. Repetition is always an issue in open world games, guess it can't be helped because there's only so many activities they are willing to give us, they won't work themselves to the ground trying to build dozens of different mission types. Besides, repetitive gamers like me get quest and side mission anxiety if the map lights up with too many icons, so for me five mission types is the goldilocks thingiemajig :D

Second Part of this article: http://www.psu.com/a022778/Titanfall-PS4--EA-sorry-for-lack-of-Sony-console-release

"Dodd also turned his attention to PS4-exclusive inFAMOUS: Second Son, which arrives later this month for Sony?s new home console. And apparently, Sucker Punch?s open-world superhero title is generating a lot of hype."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzh96ehv4A

I was quite surprised to see that Infamous Second Son is getting more interest than Titanfall which is a new I.P and has been hugely hyped since its reveal at E3 last year.

Infamous Second Son YouTube clip above was uploaded a week ago and has gained almost 5 million views. Titanfall's most viewed YouTube video is at 3 million views and was uploaded to YouTube 9 months ago.

You wouldn't notice it with all the TitanFall news all over the gaming sites, but it looks like more people are interested in Infamous Second Son.

Based on YouTube views? That's pretty thin.

The PS4 has 2mil+ more sales, I'd expect popular IPs to have more views just based on install base alone. Doesn't really mean there's more interest. As you said, all you hear about right now is titanfall.

Titanfall interest is huge atm, but it will die down as more and more people get it. 
Same with Infamous, people are interested in it now because it appears to be Sony's first next gen title.

Based on YouTube views? That's pretty thin.

The PS4 has 2mil+ more sales, I'd expect popular IPs to have more views just based on install base alone. Doesn't really mean there's more interest. As you said, all you hear about right now is titanfall.

Windows has sold over 200 million Windows 8 licenses, include the 81 million Xbox 360's and the 3 million Xbox Ones  = 284 Million.

That is 278 Million more than the PS4 which has sold over 6 million units. Titanfall is also on Windows PC and Xbox 360, Infamous Second Son is only on PS4..

Install base for systems which can run TitanFall is a lot larger than that which can run Infamous Second Son.

• Like 1

I am quite hyped for this game... It will be a day 1 digital title for me...

But at the same time I have some cautions towards infamous...

Why isn't Sony promoting this game to the masses? This is a true next gen offering that's not a FPS, on the PS4...

TitanFalls press train was rolling for months (and still going)... The game is on store shelves and it's hype train (well deserved) is still going very strong.

The first 2 inFamous games on PS3 sold okay. I own them both...

I personally think MLB the show, is gonna move a ton more PS4's off store shelves (yep a sports game) this summer as well...

Sony, promote inFamous and MLB as much as you can. I think it will look good going into E3 and the dry spell of games that comes with the summer months...

Titanfall will sell a lot more than inFamous lol.

This just goes to show Sony's online presence with social media, and current popularity with the hardcore. MS have been lacking badly with the social media aspect for a while - YouTube/blogs/Twitter.

All the PS YT videos do far better, the PS4 reveal and E3 stuff trounced the XB1 for views.

On topic, ignore the WD jibe and just look at how good this game is looking http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=784998

THANK YOU RESPWAN & MICROSOFT. As much as Azure is downplayed, you have just put a tad bit of pressure on Dice and IW/Treyarch (or whoever else in the genre) to give us an above and beyond online experience.

I suck at TitanFall... But I am in love with this game. Never once do I feel, like I'm being cheated. Or I unload a whole round into a player and their still alive. This game is so fun to play.

Happy about The decision to use Azure for this game as well. I hopped on a server in Europe )I'm on the East Coast here in America) had about a 100ping or so, and the experience was still good...

I think it will sell well and I say that as a 360/One owner.  I think it has more to do with lack of competition as far as other PS4 titles and PS4 owners being starved for a good game.  The first infamous was good (haven't had a chance to play the 2 yet) but I don't think it did gangbusters for the PS3.  I think it will be different this time around in terms of sale but I don't think it will sell more than Titanfall personally.

Is it me or does Infamous Second Son seem a bit similar to prototype?

Infamous and Prototype were basically the same game when they launched back in 2009. So it's not just you, come on man, it was only five years ago :laugh:

• Like 1

Titanfall is currently one of the killer apps for the X1.

Killzone is a good game but not as big as Titanfall.

PS4 doesn't have a title as strong, and Second Son could be it's first killer app.

Infamous so far has managed to genuinely improve as the serious progressed so far. 

Will see if the third one continues this trend.

That's not saying there's a lack of good cross platform games coming out. AC4, and upcoming Watchdogs, Destiny.

Destiny could lesson Titanfall effect of pushing the X1 is currently doing. It doesn't lesson how good Titanfall is however.

I actually think Sony is doing a good job promoting it...
I saw a commercial on Friday while watching a show called Pardon The Interruption on ESPN.

That same night there was some thing on either IFC or Comedy Central where some dudes "brother" was playing it in the background while they talked about the movie that was on.

I have then seen the commercial 3 other times over the weekend on various channels.

This is all just since Friday.

I cannot recall a PS exclusive being marketed this hard really ever. May not seem like a lot, but it is way more than they usually do.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see Infamous getting alot of attention and hype, it deserves it.

Its a rare preorder for me, so I'll have it day one. Its the game that I have been waiting for on the ps4 since launch.

I think most ps4 owners are in the same boat as me, so its not shocking at all that the attention Infamous gets online is huge.

As far as comparing it to Titanfall, I just think that's silly. why even go down that road? The games have nothing in common beyond being very hyped leading up to release day. Its just an excuse to argue over consoles imo.

Infamous is shaping up to be a great game regardless of what other games are doing.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/15/heres-how-infamous-second-son-looks-on-ps-vita-via-remote-play-sucker-punch-its-phenomenal/

Between all the inFAMOUS: Second Son pictures leaked by many over the past few days, there was something missing, a glimpse on how the game looks on PS Vita via remove play. Today we can finally catch that glimpse thanks to NeoGAF user Magicman103, that posted a picture of it. You can check it out at the bottom of the post.

He also gave some first impressions:

Well remote play has never worked amazingly with my connection so im not the best judge of that.
I will say that it is certainly playable and it is certainly awesome!
The controls are also great too.

Sucker Punch Co-founder Chris Zimmermann also gave some insight on how the game works with the remote play feature during the latest Podcast Beyond on IGN.

We kinda worried about it later. You have to think about it a little bit, obviously because the controls are slightly different. They?ve done some clever things in the way remote play works, so it?s not so hard from the standpoint of a game developer like us.

In fact it was kinda magical, you know, to have the the game running and then remote play worked well enough for us to give it a try and it basically worked out of the box. Basically you just plug it in and play remote. It?s really cool actually.

And it works. You?re like? Is it gonna be laggy? Is it gonna be the same experience. It is? it?s Phenomenal actually how close it is to just sitting in front of a TV and playing on that PS4.

Miller continued by confirming that the studio didn?t change much for remote play, just adding some dedicated button maps, while no special interface was created.

I leave you with the picture of the game on the Vita just below. One thing is for sure: Magicman103 shows some good taste with that skin.

inFAMOUSVita-1024x768.jpg

yeah, i am very muhc more interested in infamous. 

it might make me finally decide and buy the next gen console, since it is the first game i really want to play

My inFamous:SS digital pre-order is all set to go. When I get home from work the game should be downed/installed and ready to go...

And I should have a $10credit as well from Sony... Which has a catch to it... Have to use it by the 31st March. Maybe I'll grab stryder