Conduit Search Engine Virus Windows RT

That's what I pointed out when I went back and edited my original post, after I realized it just synced those settings from your other infected box.  Again, your RT machine, in all likelihood, never had any malware's binaries running on it.

Sorry for the confusion, I was just very worried about having any of my personal info stolen. 

check the target for the shortcut.

some have been altering the shortcuts adding the website to the location field.  It will always open the site because the link tells it to.

shortcut location should be "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

delete anything after that

I hope you all realize you can add addons to IE even on RT. I don't know if that's what happened in this case, but it is entirely possible. Just go to "manage addons" in the desktop IE Tools menu (gear), alt+x, just like on x86 Windows. I have no idea if all addons out there will work, or mostly just the ones from Microsoft, or what. But the option is there and I've done it. I've added "EasyList" to the Tracking Protection, and added Google to the search providers and set it as default instead of Bing (so obviously at least one non-Microsoft addon works). If Conduit is a search provider addon, in theory it could be added as well. I'm not going to try that one though...

Thanks everyone for the help but the problem is solved now, I appreciate the assistance. :)

I hope you all realize you can add addons to IE even on RT. I don't know if that's what happened in this case, but it is entirely possible. Just go to "manage addons" in the desktop IE Tools menu (gear), alt+x, just like on x86 Windows. I have no idea if all addons out there will work, or mostly just the ones from Microsoft, or what. But the option is there and I've done it. I've added "EasyList" to the Tracking Protection, and added Google to the search providers and set it as default instead of Bing (so obviously at least one non-Microsoft addon works). If Conduit is a search provider addon, in theory it could be added as well. I'm not going to try that one though...

Sure, anything MS has built into the OS will continue working just the same as they've rebuilt the binaries for the ARM CPU.  But the instant an add-on requires somebody else's binaries (EXEs, DLLs, whatever), they're just not gonna work unless they've been recompiled for that CPU.  Things like tracking protection lists, OTOH, are just plain text files.

I believe so, everything's fine now, I just got overly worried. Thanks

So technically this wasn't a virus after all, just a malicious 3rd party add-on/toolbar for IE... two totally different things... :/