Best USB flash drive manufacturer?

If your getting it from Amazon warehouse directly  theres no guarantee which you`ll get as they just pick the part number from the nearest bin not necessarily from that supppliers.

I'm looking to buy a Kangaru Defender. They aren't cheap but they are practically one of the only ones that still have write protection switches on them which I use in my office. Which are the only kid i'll insert in a customers computer inside Windows. Plus they have signed firmware :)

http://www.amazon.com/Defender-Elite30-Hardware-Encrypted-SuperSpeed/dp/B00KI1V5FK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1428898043&sr=8-5&keywords=kanguru+defender

I guess you're buying it along [ and for ] its reputation .

I had a Kingston USB which got itself killed .

Comparing these two manufacture lines [ by their producer place in statistics ] , which one should I choose for a next product ?

I had 3 of those Corsair Voyager GTR (big black and yellow) back in the day - they were plagued with problems of corrupted firmware and heat - got sick of RMA-ing those so I gave it to someone who wanted it

I've still got one of the Corsair Voyager GTR 32GB flash drives. Haven't had a problem with it so far. Always maxes out well on USB 2.0 ports with 35MB/27MB read/Writes.

I've also got 3 Sandisk Extreme 16GB drives and one 64GB drive which are quick especially the 64 model. I've had them about 2 years and they haven't thrown up any problems. Like others have said, the plastic housing appears a bit flimsy but the connector is retractable so less chance of it snapping off.

Sandisk released a 128GB extreme flash drive. SSD speeds and has a much nicer metal casing.

I haven't bought a usb stick in years, so my information might be out of date, but with the many brands I've used, Kingston was the worst as they often failed. Sandisk was pretty good, my first ever usb stick was a Cruzer Mini 512MB and it still works to this day (although I almost don't use it anymore as it isn't much space anymore and is a slow stick). Same with another old stick I have, a cruzer Micro 8GB. Since then I have bought their Cruzer Edge for their lower price, they're made with quite cheap plastic and stuff, but still work to this day as well, I have 2 of the 32GB model of that and have a decent write/read speed.

I have a couple Kingston's at varying sizes.  So far no problems.  I get them cheap through work, usually at cost.

• 2 months later...

Pretty much all except those dollar store usbs. I've never tried them but generally i've worked with Lexar, Kingston, Sandisk, random TD usb, a random Audi R8 USB key as well as Rocketfish. All have been operating fine for the past 5 years at work. and I've been there for 3/5 years and seriously their all good just don't drop them or eject them improperly!