will mac os run on an assembled normal pc or i must buy one from apple.com

will mac os run on an assembled normal pc or i must buy one from apple.com

No, it's not legal to install OS X on a PC. If you want a legitimately native OS X experience, you'll have to buy a Mac. Start off with a $600 Mac Mini.

Normally not but you're seeking what's called "Hackintosh" system. There are some parts or machines that work better running OS X than others but it's also not as easy getting the software to run as compared to Windows OS.

You can, but it's not easy to get it "just right" and the experience isn't as good as a proper setup, you also got license issues, etc too. There's plenty of OSX86 guides out there.. it does work if your hardware fits, but the real thing would be the best option. I have one running here, it's passable but not perfect, if I were an OSX fan I wouldn't bother and just get a real Apple built system.

• Like 2

No, it's not legal to install OS X on a PC. If you want a legitimately native OS X experience, you'll have to buy a Mac. Start off with a $600 Mac Mini.

please i am really know nothing about this so please may you make things more simple?

actually when i tried goggling it i was not able to catch right terms to search for it.

thanks

note:- i do not mean to pirate any thing.

Your understanding of the law is incorrect.  Also your understanding of running  OSX on alternate hardware is also incorrect.

• Like 7

Your understanding of the law is incorrect.  Also your understanding of running  OSX on alternate hardware is also incorrect.

I wasn't talking about the hardware, first of all.

I wasn't talking about the hardware, first of all.

Either way, your post was not very well informed.  Feel free to argue your case, but the point is true.

No, it's not legal to install OS X on a PC.

It's perfectly legal.  EULA's are not legally binding in the way you seem to suggest they are.

If you want a legitimately native OS X experience, you'll have to buy a Mac.

OSX can run NATIVELY on specific combo's.

• Like 3

You just quoted your own post... its perfectly legal its against apples eula but apples eula is not equal to law (depending where you live)

If you have *not* legally purchased a copy of OS X:

Any installation is illegal, as you do not have any kind of license to the software. This includes *any* distro-based installation as these are pirated by definition, as well as *any* installation of 10.4.* Tiger, as this was never sold separately in an intel-capable form.

If you *have* legally purchased a copy of OS X:

It depends on the laws where you live, as regards software licensing, EULAs and sales/post-sales contracts. 

If you live in a country that regards the EULA as legally binding (e.g. the USA), you are subject to the clause that says the software may only be installed on a single apple-labelled computer. Some people have speculated that placing an Apple sticker on your computer fulfils this obligation, although this has not been tested in court, I doubt it would hold up.

If you live in a country that does not consider the EULA or post-sales contracts legally binding, like certain european countries, and/or where laws protecting interoperability and reverse-engineering exist, It is most likely legal.

I guess you could argue that because OSX is now only sold in the App store you cannot legally purchase it without a Max, whereas with SL you could buy it retail off the shelf

• Like 1

so i can run it on a normal pc? how can i buy a license ? and which os version to buy ?

Define "a normal PC"?  Can you go buy a stock Dell and install OSX?  No.  Can you build a PC with specific parts and perform a pretty easy install?  Yes.  Can you get certain PC configs off the shelf and install OSX with a little tinkering? Yes

License?  You go buy the install disk from an apple shop.

Version? Depends on the hardware

Yeah, I'm running a Hackintosh right now (tri-boot with Windows and Ubuntu) and it does take a fair bit of tinkering. For example some hardware (e.g. the sound card I have works on Windows and Ubuntu, not OS X) may not work at all. Hackintoshes are a "grey area" at best - there are sites (Google search OSX86) which are dedicated to running OS X on PCs. But, you can do it if you want to.

Keep in mind it's not a simple walk in the park, you need some basic idea of what you're doing and you need to know your hardware specifications and if they're compatible with running OS X. If you want to run OS X on a PC, you need an Intel CPU.

Define "a normal PC"?  Can you go buy a stock Dell and install OSX?  No.  Can you build a PC with specific parts and perform a pretty easy install?  Yes.  Can you get certain PC configs off the shelf and install OSX with a little tinkering? Yes

License?  You go buy the install disk from an apple shop.

Version? Depends on the hardware

if i would like to know the versions of mac and differences in between, where can I do so? or it is only avilable to buy the latest version of the mac os?

and what is the suggested hardware? i will use my current machine which is intel i7 2600k with 16 gb ram.

It's a completely unsupported configuration but it's not that difficult to get it to work. Sound is usually the main issue.

Please stop with the "illegal" comments and see the announcement pinned to the top of this forum.

As far as I know the only way to obtain OS X by purchasing it now is finding a copy of Snow Leopard.

The amendment to the rules was conclusively made after much discussion among our staff. The primary reasoning behind this is a 1984 Federal Court ruling specifically makes it illegal for a company to force their users to install the OS on specific hardware. Which is ultimately the reason we're now allowing this discussion.

1. The Mac OS X EULA is an agreement between the end-user and Apple. 

2. A violation of the EULA is not illegal, as it's not breaking any US laws. 

It's a completely unsupported configuration but it's not that difficult to get it to work. Sound is usually the main issue.

Yep. Onboard Realtek audio is usually easy to fix by finding the appropriate kext. In my case, fortunately, I have a USB DAC which works perfectly with OS X.

Here's the purchase link to Snow Leopard: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

From there you should be able to upgrade in the Mac Store from Snow Leopard to Mavericks for free. Once you have it installed. PLEASE READ THE TUTORIALS BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS!

if i want to buy a mac computer can i get a used one or it is not guaranteed ?

i believe apple sells "apple certified refurbished" computers. it depends on the seller when it comes to the guarantee.