8 posts in this topic

Posted

LONDON (AP)

Posted

saw this on bbc ... actually it would be interesting to hear people's views on using online banking or not ... not everyone has it, some stay away from it due to fears of security, etc ...

Posted

saw this on bbc ... actually it would be interesting to hear people's views on using online banking or not ... not everyone has it, some stay away from it due to fears of security, etc ...

I'm one of the ones who did stay away from it, partly as no system is 100% foolproof, and partly as I try to maintain a small online footprint

Posted

here too .... never used online banking and wont be.

I did notice in the usual spam this week an increase in emails purporting to be from certain banks (which I dont use anyway) .. all comes in the junk folder though ... so never touch it.

Posted

I love those, I think to myself, good to know that a bank I don't use has my security concerns at heart, right until I click the empty junk folder button lol

Posted

*statement withdrawn*

the hit on me was browser based in firefox, killed the firefox.exe and scanned, nothing shown

Posted

I'm not in the UK, obviously, but I do bank online. I use Linux but no system is completely safe.

The safe way to bank online:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/10/avoid_windows_malware_bank_on.html

http://lifehacker.com/5381466/use-a-linux-live-cdusb-for-online-banking